You can use a protocol called SSH to connect to your TonidoPlug from a command line and administer your plug. For SSH protocol to work you need a SSH server and a SSH client. TonidoPlug is running a SSH server out-of-box. All you need is a SSH client to connect to it. SSH client is available as part of the operating system in the case MacOSX and Linux. For Windows, you can download and use a free program called PuTTY.
Here are the steps to SSH into TonidoPlug using Putty.
- Download PuTTY from website http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe
- Open PuTTY exe.
- Enter your TonidoPlug's IP address, example 192.168.2.30 and hit open.
- You will get a prompt for user name. Enter "root".
- You will get a prompt for password. Enter your root password that you set up during your TonidoPlug's setup. The default is nosoup4u. (This might be changed, if you had updated the password via PlugAdmin UI) Note: When you enter password, it will not be displayed. It will be hidden for security purposes.
- That is it, you are now connected to your TonidoPlug via SSH.