It is possible to run Tonido as a Windows Service starting from version 2.37 and higher.
- Install Tonido as usual on Windows. The following OSes have been tested against with Tonido as Service: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Run Tonido, create an user account as usual.
- Disable "Run at Windows Startup" from the options in the Tonido app in the system tray.
- Shutdown Tonido application from the system tray.
- Go to the Tonido install directory (usually %APPDATA%\tonido) and run the "ServiceManager.exe" application. To run this application, you would need Administrator privileges.
- Click on "Install Tonido Service"
- Once that works, click on "Start Tonido Service". If that works without any problems, tonido now should be running as a service.
- To stop Tonido as a service, open ServiceManager application and click on "Stop Tonido Service" and then to uninstall "Uninstall Tonido Service"
- Open Tonido using the same account URL as setup before.