You need two pieces of information to successfully set up port forwarding on any router for Tonido.
- The IP Address of your machine where Tonido is running. You can find your machine's IP address by typing command 'ipconfig' on Windows and 'ifconfig' on Linux/Mac on a command prompt.
- The port on which Tonido is running. Default port is 10001. If you are using a different port then you will need that port number to complete the configuration.
Once you have both, you can start configuring the router for port forwarding. Almost all home routers support port forwarding. However, some old or defective routers will not forward properly. If port forwarding fails, then try to upgrade the router bios or may be the router itself.
If you have a specific router and want to look at some screen shots and instructions for port forwarding, do the following:
- Go to Port Forwarding Instructions By Router Type.
- Pick your router from the list.
- Follow the steps using the port number 10001(default Tonido port is 10001, unless you have changed it).
For example, let's say you have a Belkin Router F5D5230-4. Follow the following steps: