Multiple users

Support for your TonidoPlug
jxgw
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Multiple users

Postby jxgw » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:58 am

I am very interested in getting a plug. The issue I have is that in my household we have 5 people (myself, my wife and 3 kids) who I would like to be able to access the plug. Is there a way to have 5 accounts all access the same device? Or do we all need to share one account? Ultimately what I would like would be to have each person have their own folder along with a shared folder that we all can see. This way I can have my personal files in one folder that only I see and if there is a common file that I want everyone to see it would be in the shared location. Example I would like to have an x-mas list that only I can see but also have a list of phone numbers that my kids will have access to.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Multiple users

Postby madhan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:02 am

You can have a single Admin account and 5 guest accounts, one for each user. You can then setup a share for each user that only that guest account can access. You can also setup a common share for all.

Please download Tonido desktop software(its free and almost identical to the one on the plug) and check if it works for you before buying.

dongadoy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Re: Multiple users

Postby dongadoy » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 am

One issue is that TonidoPlug automatically shares the attached drives on the local network. Everyone will be able to access everything.

The solution is to setup Linux for multiple users. I have not done that but I know others in this forum have. You would need to boot from USB and it gets a little down and dirty into Linux. I found instructions here.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”