PmWiki Plugin: 1.1.1.39906 for Tonido Plug and Linux

Support for your TonidoPlug
madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: PmWiki Plugin: RC1 for Tonido Plug

Postby madhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:06 am

We will do some testing this weekend and get back to you. Our dev guys have been just swamped the last few weeks with stuff. Sorry..

Btw, after working extensively with your app, do you need any changes to be done to the PHP support in Tonido? Or do you have a wish list that if it is easy enough to do we can add it in?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Thanks for the wish list. We will refer to this when we expand our work on the PHP.

Other than this, have you noticed any buggy behaviour? How is the performance? reasonable?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Yes, we can tweak the php.ini file based on feedback.

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:09 am

I followed the installation instruction to install the plug-in in a TonidoPlug. I faced one problem: After unzipping the plugin and restarting, all the plug-ins in Tonido were suspended and pmwiki wasnt listed. After clicking on 'resume all apps', pmwiki was listed as one of the apps to be activated.

Once activatred, PMwiki worked fine. I did following tasks and all worked fine. I have attached 2 screenshots.

I created three simple pages and sideBar links.
1) simple text and table
2) With formatted text
3) With images

Searched the pages for keywords,

Edited settings to set anyone to read the files.

I'm not familiar with PMWiki, so I didn't edit any advance settings.

One more comment: When images are uploaded, the images are uploaded into Plug's internal storage. It would be good if the plug-in gave an option to store in external storage.
Attachments
eg2s.JPG
eg2s.JPG (42.84 KiB) Viewed 6640 times
eg1s.JPG
eg1s.JPG (47.64 KiB) Viewed 6640 times

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:57 am

I m using RC1

Yes the uploads are in "/media/disk1part1/pmwiki/. I refered disk1part1 as internal storage.
I checked my external storage usb0, I didnt find any of the uploaded files.

I tried installing the app in Windows and I couldnt make it work. when I click on "resume" Pmwiki, I got Tonido down error and when I launch, I got Tonido down error.

Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Re: PmWiki Plugin: RC2 for Tonido Plug

Postby Snoober » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:11 pm

facelessuser wrote:Finally got it posted. RC2 please follow the previous post if updating from RC1.

Thanks so much for your work and efforts in getting this wiki working with the Tonido Plug. I've been looking for a decent self-hosted wiki for a while and this is perfect!

Although...I have to say, I might prefer DokuWiki. ;)

Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby Snoober » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:02 pm

facelessuser wrote:Thanks. DokuWiki was my first choice, but there seemed to be some performance issues on the plug. PmWiki was my second choice and it ran smooth, so I went with PM for now (less modifications needed; easier to maintain). All things considered, PmWiki is a pretty good wiki that is fairly easy to extend. If it doesn't do everything you like, there usually is a plugin to get that feature. On rare occasions I have had to modify an existing plugin to do exactly what I wanted.

I may look into finding and fixing the performance issue with Doku in the future (when I get some time). It does work on the plug, it is just s...l...o...w.

Well that's good to know...shame about the performance issue. Do you think that's a problem with the hardware or Doku? I think PmWiki still looks nice and it seems to have a more liberal license too. I was looking at the cookbook and there are some cool plugins there.

Thanks again.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:52 pm

timing out while doing things that the tonido PHP environment doesn't support. I am not sure yet though.

That would be my guess too.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 am

I am trying to install and use. All my wiki pages are being generated with http://192.168.x.x:10001 links. Is there something I need to do to make these my domain instead? The pages won't work outside my network.

Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby Snoober » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:13 am

krispy wrote:I am trying to install and use. All my wiki pages are being generated with http://192.168.x.x:10001 links. Is there something I need to do to make these my domain instead? The pages won't work outside my network.

I learned this by accident the other day. If you're using their relay service, go to [your profile name].tonidoid.com/dyn/pmwiki/index.php.

Works for me anyway...

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”