Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Deleted backups still exist

Postby hungarianhc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi there,

First off, LOVE the new backup feature.

Here's my issue, however. I created two backups, but I decided I didn't like them, and I wanted to reconfigure the folder structure for the destination. So I deleted them. I modified my folders, and then I created two new backups. I noticed that the two new backups had an Id of 3 and 4, but I didn't think much of it.

I checked my tonido backups today, and I see that 1 / 2 must still be around because they executed at their previously scheduled time, putting files / folders into the original destinations. 3 / 4, the ones I SHOULD have, executed and worked fine as well. Not an emergency as long as 3 / 4 keep working, but definitely a bug.

Thanks!

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Deleted backups still exist

Postby rydgaze » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi,
this is pretty odd. When you delete a backup record, it is completely removed from the Tonido's database However, The data will not be touched (both in local or remote side)The IDs will continuously increment even if older backup records are deleted.

Is it possible that the data you see in the remote side (in record 1/2) is probably from an earlier sync (before the records were deleted?)
I have setup a condition like that in my test system and verify it. But if you can confirm that this still occurring, then please update this thread.

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:25 pm

I don't THINK that the data in there is from an earlier thread. However, just to verify, I'll re-clear it out right now. Here's a bit more of a description...

I have an SMB (Apple Time Capsule) share mounted at /media/time-capsule/nas-backup/

Originally I had set my NAS data on Tonido to backup to that share. However, I wanted to create a separate folder for my tonido config inside approot. So I deleted the backup job that backed up to ...../nas-backup/ and I replaced it with two. One backs up all my data to ..../nas-backup/data. The other backs up my tonido configuration to ..../nas-backup/tonido-config

So if the old backups are NOT running, then there should be nothing in ..../nas-backup/ except the two subfolders. I noticed that all my NAS files were in there yesterday. So I'll go and clear the .../nas-backup/ folder of all my data, except for the two subfolders. The backup should trigger around 1AM so I will check tomorrow if the .../nas-backup/ folder is filled up with other data. If there is no other data there, then sorry for the false alarm! But I think there will be...

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:01 pm

I've confirmed that the "deleted backups" executed last night...

Let me know if you need any logs or anything like that. Perhaps when i deleted the old backups, i was on a bad internet connection and only the UI element got removed... and not the actual cron task or whatever you have there. In any case, it's definitely a bug :) .

Just let me know what I can do to help squash it!

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Sat May 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi, When you deleted the record, it was on the "outgoing" portion..right? If you deleted the record on the "incoming" portion, it would just remove the reference in the computer that stores it (it was primarily as a cleanup for cases where the stored data is manually deleted).

The outgoing portion of records are read directly from the database. So if the outgoing link doesn't show a record, then it is truly gone. Let me know if that is case, else, we would need to look at the backup.db file to see whats going on there.

Return to “Tonido Software”