Multiple users

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
snifftheair
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Multiple users

Postby snifftheair » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am

Wondering what would be the best way to have all of my family members able to use tonido?
I would like all of their phones to auto sync the pictures but also to be able to give the access to their own folders on what has become our server.
Do we just have all users logging on with the same credentials under the same account or can I create users?
When I looked at this is seems to be creating another instance of tonido which would get a bit confusing??
Any advice would be most welcome.
Many thanks
Jon

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Multiple users

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 am

Hello,
Thanks for posting!
You can share the folder to which auto sync has to happen and create guests and give them the read/write permissions.

snifftheair
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby snifftheair » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 am

Thanks for your reply, however we are not using a sync'd folder. Instead I browse across the various directories untill I find the file I am looking for. Otherwise I would have to sync many, many folders and my device's would be very busy and confusing.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:42 pm

Sync is the only option to maintain upto date information on the shared folders.

snifftheair
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby snifftheair » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 am

Thanks, yes I realise that. I guess I'm using Tonido as a simple old file server where I can access my pc remotely and download any file I choose, I would like other members of my family to have the same ability that's all.

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 am

thanks for the continued support.

we will keep you posted in case of further developments.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”