Please update the Tonido IOS app

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
Cottontails
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Please update the Tonido IOS app

Postby Cottontails » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 am

I think Tonido for IOS has long since needed a real update in terms of UI and a few other things...

First off there are issues with playing music where it will play the same song over and over again even though repeat is off; also sometimes when you play a song it will play a different song like the song right before the one you selected or sometimes it will even crash the app when trying to play a song.

Next would be how images are being displayed, they show up small instead of maximized which is how it should be and use to be, i don't know why you guys changed that!? The displaying of gifs would be an amazing improvement as well, I've wanted this for quite some time now.

Lastly some videos do not play or get distorted in visuals and audio, happens mostly with the flv format which leads me to the next thing which is more support for different formats and better optimization in general when playing a video.

This app is really amazing and i like it more than any other personal cloud service, though these issues have sent me looking for alternatives (unsuccessfully). Younity is a good example while every issue i mentioned is fixed in there app and there UI/theme is very likable, the way it syncs files is terrible and doesn't let you know when it is done scanning everything. After a day of letting it scan all the files when i try to access basic stuff like music, photos and videos they will lag terribly or not play certain files at all as if it never synced them. On top of all of that to access crucial features like using the app remotely you have to pay for their subscription which is way overpriced, especially when you guys offer these services for free. If you fixed these issues, i would gladly pay $5-10 if all sudden you guys wanted to charge for your app.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope you will consider my recommendations. :)

-Alice

Edit: btw i use the iPhone 6 Plus and have used your app on all of the past IOS versions since the last Tonido update, i am currently on IOS 11 Beta 7.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Please update the Tonido IOS app

Postby Sreeja » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 am

Thanks for the suggestion! We will consider this in our future updates

Cottontails
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Cottontails » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:55 am

I posted 3 other topics covering my more important concerns thinking this post wasn't approved or seen, so this post isn't really needed if you want to delete it.

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:56 am

thank you !

gigel
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby gigel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 pm

the app has great potential (it's the real only one app that saves photos to your own premises instead of third party cloud) but these issues make it very annoying to use (not being able to automatically rotate photos according to exif, for example)

it's great that it's free, but... i think i'll simply use a different app to view my photos and use tonido just to backup.

also having your account approved then your first post approved discourages users to report issues. i have had like ten issues to report when i first created the account, meanwhile i've forgot all of them

rivera.ernesto

Postby rivera.ernesto » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Tonido 7.7 has been released with lots of bug fixes including music playback.

gigel
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby gigel » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:58 am

did you fix the display of photos with taking consideration of exif rotation? that is brokenin the server, too!

3Dscrewer
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby 3Dscrewer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:44 pm

I found out, there is a difference between iPhone App and iPad App. The iPhone App is not able to stream FLAC and ALAC coded files, even if iOS is supporting it .... but iPad can do it.
If you delete the iPhone App, there are the settings not deleted.
If you re install the app, all settings are still available, that’s annoying and also a security flaw.

So far the new iOS App ....

3Dscrewer
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby 3Dscrewer » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:45 pm

rivera.ernesto wrote:Tonido 7.7 has been released with lots of bug fixes including music playback.

BS

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”