Android BETA: Automatic backup of Photos and Videos support

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
ballfam
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: Android BETA: Automatic backup of Photos and Videos supp

Postby ballfam » Mon May 11, 2015 1:30 pm

@Djchew: If it's not one of the hangs in my other thread, I'm afraid I haven't seen it before, but it looks like a bug of some kind to me. I turned off camera uploads several moths ago after I ran into a bunch of issues, so it could be something caused by a recent update.

If you want to pursue it, you might want to start another thread, and hopefully one of the Tonido team will give you some way to set diagnostics, and/or ask for some logs so that they can take a look.

Djchew
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Djchew » Mon May 11, 2015 1:55 pm

@ballfam, thanks. I will start a thread on it. version 4.0 that was released in the Play Store helped some more pictures upload, but there are now over 800 that won't process. It hangs on one and won't move.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Fri May 22, 2015 10:45 am

We will look into it and get back to you.

XeroExtre
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby XeroExtre » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Sreeja wrote:We are actually trying to get the real phone name. Don't have a standard way to do that.

This is in reply to the posts from January regarding the user wanting to have his phone and his wife's phone upload to different folders but they are getting mixed together in the same folder because they have the exact same phone.

I have the same situation here, is there going to be an option for a user on the android app to specify which folder on the server to save, or is there going to be a way for a user to give their phone a unique name so the pictures don't get mixed all together in the same folder on the server?

The last comment from the Tonido Team on this was that they were going to take note of this request for the next update.

yaab
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Android BETA: Automatic backup of Photos and Videos support

Postby yaab » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi team.

I successfully use camera upload from several devices (2x Android, 1x IOS). One additional Android device used to work ok but then ceased uploading for over a month now. All I remember is that I disabled the camera upload and then enabled it again and since then it only shows:
Exception: Running
Checking: 0
Sending: --
Last attempt: --
Progress: 0%

From the same app I can get my files on the server, as well as camera upload screen shows correct server, "save to" path etc' but sync process simply does nothing...

I specifically mention again that same server successfully being used for camera upload by other mobiles as well as that this mobile used to be ok but ceased...

I already tried:
- Cleared the Android app cache,
- Uninstalling and installing the app again,
- Clearing the app data and setting it up again,
- Clearing app data and uninstall, reinstall,
- Rebooted the mobile, of course, sometimes through these attempts

Win server version: 7.83.0.27601 running on Win 10
Android app version: 4.1 (2016 Feb 22) running on stock Google Nexus 5 Marshmallow (6.0.1 with security patch level 2016 July 5)

Any help will be appreciated. I used to rely on this heavily...

seattle_ice
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby seattle_ice » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:05 pm

This feature is pretty much at least 50% of the reason I wanted Tonido installed in the first place. I would buy a pro version if it could do the stuff I want.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and it will not upload any pictures. It also will not let me make playlists to use on my phone.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:59 am

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”