Plug 2 does not work and led light goes off

Support for your TonidoPlug
Zlll
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Plug 2 does not work and led light goes off

Postby Zlll » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 am

After I came back from a long vacation, I found that my Tonidoplug2 was off and then I replug the power cord to ensure it was fit tightly. But after several attempts, it was no luck to boot the device and the LED never light up.

I tried to take the HD out and connect it directly to a PC. The HD worked perfectly but I still cant boot the device either with or without the HD plugged.

I still cant figure out the issue til now. I would appreciate if you guide could give me some suggestion.

Many thanks!

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Plug 2 does not work and led light goes off

Postby Tuxedo » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:49 pm

Did you have the rootfs on the external harddisk?
If yes, you can run a fsck on the disk.

Zlll
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Zlll » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:42 am

Thank you for the suggestion but I doubted this is the problem of the harddisk. Actually I mean my Tonidoplug was like without power even with the power cord connected, is it possible that the detachable AC plug or some circuit inside the Tonidoplug was burnt?

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Tuxedo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 am

That is possible. If you had a power surge when you were away, then it might have burnt the power circuit. There are some online instructions on howto change power source for sheeva plug https://www.newit.co.uk/shop/resources/SheevaPlug-Howtoreplace.pdf. You may be able to try and replace yours following these lines.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”