Empty folders on client devices

Support for Tonido on the Desktop including Windows/Mac/Linux
jotaeh
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Empty folders on client devices

Postby jotaeh » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:01 am

A folder on my Mac Mini that is set up as an allowed folder in Tonido. Some of the sub-folders display as empty on a client computers: A Mac using a web browser, a Windows 8 computer using either a web browser or Tonido Drive. Using a web browser on the host computer, the same folders are also empty. The local folder is definitely not empty!

I've deleted the allowed folder and allowed it again but the same results happen. I've tried allowing just the sub-folders and I still can't get the folder contents to show up on the client side devices.

I've tried to set up one of the folders that displays empty as an allowed folder. However, I can't because the empty folder is not available for selecting as an allowed folder.

I've cleared the browser caches on the host and client sides to no avail.

The shared folder is approx 90GB and contains about 13 folders, each of those folders contain 10 sub-folders. Each of those 10 sub-folder contain anywhere from 2 to 40 sub-folders and each of those contain various files, consisting mostly of PDFs, Adobe inDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop files. All the folder names contain only alphanumeric characters. There are a couple of files with "/" and "&" in the filenames and I'd expect those not to be shared, but the rest of the filenames are only alphanumeric. Even if I change the filenames containing those characters, the folder will still display as empty.

I'm out of ideas on how to resolve this, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

3Dscrewer
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: Empty folders on client devices

Postby 3Dscrewer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:16 am

I don't have any clue about Mac, but every OS has the possibility to give special rights to every folder and every task. In my opinion Tonido must not have the same rights to access folder as you might have. So if you are logged in as an Admin or high level and Tonido is running at user level it might be that it can't access that folder because different rights.
So have a closer look at this.

Sorry for my english, but I am over 50 and learned english by doing. I hope you understand what I mean

jotaeh
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jotaeh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks for you reply... The folders that are showing empty on client side devices are contained in the main folder and have the same permissions as the enclosing folder. Also same permissions as other folders that are displaying correctly.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:05 am

There are couple of possibilities.. Some type of encoding issue due to special character in the folder name causing the call response to fail parsing in the client. The other possibility may be due to call timeout if there is too many files...

Return to “Tonido Software”