Tonido for Android is slow

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
glaucocastro
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Tonido for Android is slow

Postby glaucocastro » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:12 am

Hi,

I installed tonido on my computer and I'm trying to access it with my Android cell phone. I have a folder with 21 photos. When I get to photo 19, it just won't open it. It doesn't matter if I'm in my own network or if I'm on 4G.

Besides, It's kind of slow to open the photos. They're not big and I have a pretty fast internet connection (120mb).

What could it be? Is there anything that I have to setup to make it faster?

Thanks
Glauco

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Tonido for Android is slow

Postby rydgaze » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:06 am

That is quite odd. Is it always the last three photos it doesnt open? Does it show the thumb image but fails to open when you click on it?

The images for mobile are created and cached on first access. So it typically should be faster on subsequent accesses.

glaucocastro
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Tonido for Android is slow

Postby glaucocastro » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:26 am

It's indeed very odd.

I supposed that Tonido would cache the images. But for some reason, the last three aren't loading. The thumbnails are generated, but only for those images on the first page. If I scroll down, the thumbnails aren't being generated.

One more info. The cell phone I'm testing is a Galaxy S5. I have an iPhone 4S as well, and on the iPhone it seemed to work. Not 100%, but all images were loaded. The problem I found on iPhone is that even after creating the thumbnails, it seems not to be chaching them, and the photos as well. I'm just running a test right now, and after been able to see all the photos a while ago, now it's not loading some of them. Another weird thing is that those three photos, on the iPhone, shows up very rapidly, but then it disappears and the screen is blank. If I scroll back to photo 18 and then go back to photo 19 and beyond, the same behavior. The photo appear very quickly and then disappears. If you want, I think I can create a video showing it.

Thanks,
Glauco

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”