How to set dev name for sepfolders when Sync'd - Android

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
timminator2
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

How to set dev name for sepfolders when Sync'd - Android

Postby timminator2 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 pm

Hello all,

I have been scouring the forum and have been unable to determine a fix for this. I have 3 Samsung Galaxy S3 devices in my home (as well as a few others) that I would like to have sync to my Tonido instance. Problem is, the name of the folder created for the first one is: Android-Verizon-SCH-I535 even though in Settings>About Phone>Device Name it is set to My Name Android GS3. I would like to set the device so that each user has an easily identifiable folder when uploaded/sync'd. What am I missing on the device to make this happen?

I tried changing name on my daughter's Android phone with no luck either (Galaxy mini).

My iPad sync'd to a folder named after the device just fine. Seems something with Android that I am missing?

Screenshot attached.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3
Android Version: 4.4.2
Tonido Version:7.83.0.27601
Internal pic location: /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera
SD Card pic location: /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera

:? Timminator2
Attachments
Timminator2_Folder_list.JPG
Folder List
Timminator2_Folder_list.JPG (12.28 KiB) Viewed 3153 times

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: How to set dev name for sepfolders when Sync'd - Android

Postby rydgaze » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Interesting, We need to check this. There is no clear method to get the device name in Android and it ends up being this weird model name string.
We will dig into this and see if we can change the app code to create folder using the "My Name" value.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”