PLEASE DON'T MODIFY TONIDOPLUG DEVICE SOFTWARE

Support for your TonidoPlug
devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

PLEASE DON'T MODIFY TONIDOPLUG DEVICE SOFTWARE

Postby devbloke » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:17 pm

Please note that if you alter the TonidoPlug device software in anyway, you will void the warranty of the device.

If you modify the TonidoPlug software or system components, it is possible that your TonidoPlug will become nonoperational and it might not be possible to restore the TonidoPlug back to its original state. So, we request that you do not to modify the TonidoPlug software.

If you do wish to run your own software in the plug, we suggest that you boot the TonidoPlug using an external USB hard drive, therefore leaving the internal flash unchanged.

knireis
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Re: PLEASE DON'T MODIFY TONIDOPLUG DEVICE SOFTWARE

Postby knireis » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 am

The Jaunty repository is no longer available. How can i install packages on the plug? Or on a plug running from a usb stick?
I know i can switch to debian but the .arm package of tonido is no longer available.

Is it possible that Tonido creates a new filesystem (preferably based on debian) which we can flash to our plugs using the recovery procedure?

RichardP
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: PLEASE DON'T MODIFY TONIDOPLUG DEVICE SOFTWARE

Postby RichardP » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:49 pm

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!.. I have a SVN server running on my Plug preiously using the apt-get for Ubuntu Jaunty.... now it does not exist and the SVN server is now gone.

The WHOLE POINT of the plug is so that I can write PHP additions and add simple services for which I don`t want a PC running for.

This really grates my nads. When will this be fixed? I really LOVE the Tonido software and dont want to boot of USB and lose half the features.

Richard

EDIT

edit /etc/apt/sources.list
change http://ports.ubuntu.com to http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”