Sync2 Connection FYI

New Sync App released in 13.0 (October 2016)
cadman1551
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Sync2 Connection FYI

Postby cadman1551 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:17 am

Like many of you, I too tried to setup Tonido Sync2 to connect my laptop from work to my server at home without success. I could not connect to the server despite using my correct login name and password. I was pulling my gray hair out!! Until I say this video:

https://youtu.be/62CNPfth3jI

I had to watch it several times until I noticed something very obscure that most all of us would just miss! He logged in with a very short and sweet password. My normal user password is about 22 characters long using all sorts of characters, a modification of a mathematical formula I have been using in my professional work for the past 40 years.

So, I changed my Tonido server password to a simple alpha-numeric password (upper/lowercase letters are allowed) without any special characters.
Well, using the new password, I could sync my laptop to my server from anywhere.

Just thought I would let you know, complicated passwords are great for security, but.....

Question for the Tonido guys: Could you take a look at expanding the Sync password algorithm to include these special characters??

cadman

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Sync2 Connection FYI

Postby Sreeja » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 am

Hello Cadman,

Thanks for your suggestion !
We'll consider your request. We'll add it to the roadmap.

Return to “Tonido Sync 2”