Cannot log in with Tonido Sync 2

New Sync App released in 13.0 (October 2016)
orezero
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Cannot log in with Tonido Sync 2

Postby orezero » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi, CodeLathe folks --

I am trying to access my TonidoPlug using the new TonidoSync2 client for Linux. I have decompressed the folder containing the new client into my Home Directory, but, when I open the application and try to log in by giving my URL, ID and password, I get the prompt, "Failed to connect to Tonido Server. Invalid Login Credentials." I know that my credentials are correct because I can use them to access my TonidoPlug via the web interface. Also, things are working fine on my Android device. I am currently running LinuxMint 18.1 with Cinnamon.

BobV
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: Cannot log in with Tonido Sync 2

Postby BobV » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:58 am

I have similar problem. Had sync (1) running on client PC system to Plug2 server, for some time. All OK.
Installed Sync 2 on client. Assumed it would supercede /overwrite sync1. New installation would not accept log in, although dialogue box offered full log-in data. ( Masked password, but no secondary confirmation. see below). Uninstalled Sync1. No different.
Uninstalled sync2 re-installed sync1, log in no problem. Checked access to Tonido Plug2 via browser, no problem.
Should all old sync progs be uninstalled first? No info about that, except I found a 'Madhan' post about Sync1 server being retired. Scared to try Server sync2 on Plug before this problem is resolved.
New log in dialogue box only offers password but not the secondary confirmation which I have/use with sync1 client. Is this a reason?
Look forward to extra benefits of new sync when this problem is resolved.
BobV

aoswis
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby aoswis » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:30 am

Same problem, server on latest osx updated client on windows 7 was running fine prior sync. New update continually getting "Failed to login with credentials please relogin" Works fine on iphone. Tried uninstal and reinstall both old and new Tonidosync and neither works now with same message.

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:35 am

Please note the following:

1. Previously Tonido Server software shipped with the built-in Sync App.
2. Starting in 2017, the new server doesn't ship with the built-in sync app.
3. The new Sync apps (Tonido Sync2) will synchronize files only with the new Tonido Server (2017).
4. The old sync apps are obsolete and are no longer available because they had many bugs and it was not possible to support them properly.
The new sync2 apps partially re-use the same technology from FileCloud Sync. (FileCloud Sync has faster realtime syncing in addition as well).

Hope this clears it up.

BobV
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby BobV » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:58 pm

Thanks for post Nagapriya, I rather thought it may be something like this. It would however have been useful if the promotional info stated this - that older installs would have to be fully updated on both client and server, and that the old were obsolete if either were changed. I guess we have to also assume existing files and data are secure and not affected by the software updates.
Have always thought the old were a bit 'buggy' so look forward to the claimed improvements. Regards BobV

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:19 pm

thanks for the continuing support.

BobV
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby BobV » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:41 am

I have a follow up on this now. Having understood I need to update my Plug2 to the sync2, I cannot understand how to do this and cannot find any references to the Plug2 for this. The software usually updates vis the 'admin' page on request, but nothing is offered. Do I have to go through the Linux type routines to do this? Any help appreciated.

timsmith
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby timsmith » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:14 pm

I have a Plug2 also (which has stopped syncing with v.1) so I installed the Sync2 on the client but I get the 'failed to connect... invalid credentials' error message. Is there a guide for updating the server software to work with Sync2? Any help appreciated... Just trying to get Sync working again!

nagapriya
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby nagapriya » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 am

Plug 2 update : check this link to understand if there are any TONIDOPlug updates http://www.tonido.com/support/display/d ... o+Software

uninstall the older sync.
SYNC2 update: please use this following patch for latest http://patch.codelathe.com/foruser/beta ... 2Setup.exe

Please provide your Tonido credentials after sync2 set up.

Return to “Tonido Sync 2”