Can you turn of .newVer when saving the same document again?

Support forum for Tonido Drive
tebco
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Can you turn of .newVer when saving the same document again?

Postby tebco » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:33 am

This may sound weird to some but I'm interested in knowing if there is a way to turn off the file renaming portion of tonido when resaving a document.

Currently, a co worker and myself are using the tonido software to access a server that we have at work when contains all of our Autodesk Inventor parts (.ipt) and assembly (.iam) files. We are using the server as a sudo Autodesk Vault server so that when one of us isn't present the files can still be accessed by the other because everything is saved on a server and not our individual laptops. However, this presented a problem when working from home as we did not have the files on our laptops to work on and the server is located at work.

To remedy this issue I installed tonido server on our work server and installed tonido drive on our individual laptops. I did not want to install tondio sync as it would have put two computers worth of data on each of our laptops and exceed the capacity of the HDDs in the laptops.

This seems to work perfectly; however, when we modify a file and save it, tonido not only replaces the original with the new version (which is what we want) it also creates a new file for example: "filename.newVer.ipt".

Is there a way to disable the feature of the software?

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

hameetha
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Can you turn of .newVer when saving the same document ag

Postby hameetha » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:40 am

Currently there isn't a disable option present. Thank you. We will look into adding this in our updates.

tebco
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Can you turn of .newVer when saving the same document ag

Postby tebco » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:24 am

ok thanks :D

Return to “Tonido Drive - Archived”