Tonido Drive Size Cap

Support forum for Tonido Drive
ddashfens
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Tonido Drive Size Cap

Postby ddashfens » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:37 am

Hi There,

I just purchased the pro version of Tonido as I am travelling and would like to remotely access some larger files.

After successfully installing the latest public version of Tonido Drive, it failed on all my machines to register the remote drives, as it did for many of the other users in the threads in this forum.

After finding the post with the latest beta, the drives finally showed up with the contents but I was unable to transfer larger files. An error message came up stating that it could not read from the source or disk. yet i was able to transfer a very small text file.

am i to believe that there is a size cap within what can be transferred via tonido drive? this was never listed anywhere on the tonido site before purchasing.

all machines tested: fully up to date windows 7 pro sp1 64bit

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Tonido Drive Size Cap

Postby rydgaze » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 pm

What you are seeing is the "cache" limit which is set to 10MB (you can change it using the XML file).

BUT, let me clarify what that really means. Windows filesystem calls will pre-fetch a lot of files to allow faster access. But in the case of Tonido Drive, this means retrieving this from remote server. Since TonidoDrive is optimized for documents, we chose to set the default size to 10MB.

Here is how you can change it
1. Stop Tonido Drive
2. Open %APPDATA%/TonidoDrive/config.xml in notepad
3. Change the key <maxdownloadsizeinmb>10</maxdownloadsizeinmb> to the size you want/
4. Save and restart TonidoDrive.

If you simply want to download large files, Tonido browser UI would be the best option rather than tonido drive (which can also do it.. but browser UI's direct download is the better option).

ddashfens
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby ddashfens » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:21 pm

thank you for your response.

syed20
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby syed20 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:31 am

After finding the post with the latest beta, the drives finally showed up with the contents but I was unable to transfer larger files. An error message came up stating that it could not read from the source or disk. yet i was able to transfer a very small text file.
sultan

Return to “Tonido Drive - Archived”