Mounting Tonido Drive

Support forum for Tonido Drive
shamgarr
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Mounting Tonido Drive

Postby shamgarr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:05 am

Hi All

I just started using Tonido and I have purchased the Pro edition for its extra features, but I am a bit unclear on how this Tonido Drive works.

What I do know:
I know that you should be able to mount your Tonido share/drive/folder/etc as a Windows Network drive with the Pro version.

What isn't clear to me:
1. Is Drive only usable on a LAN? I would think not because mapping to a network drive from any box on a LAN is simple, you don't need an extra Tonido feature to do that, all you need to do is Shared a folder. And it could be the same folder Tonido is sharing.
2. Will Drive mount over a WAN or over the internet to a remote location?
3. I am running Tonido Pro on a Linux Box (Ubuntu 12.04). Can I still use Drive to mount FROM a Windows machine, OVER the internet, TO my Tonido server running on Ubuntu?

Just looking for some clarification.

What I've tried:
I shared a folder on my tonido server, added myself as a registered user to that share, and tried to map to it from a remote Windows machine using WebDAV. I get error that says "the network name cannot be found" This is after it prompts me for a login, so it acts like it is going to work, but it doesn't take my credentials and gives that error.

Thanks

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Mounting Tonido Drive

Postby madhan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 am

Just download Tonido Drive application from our site and install on your windows machine. Open drive app, enter your URL, main admin name and your password. That's it.

http://www.tonido.com/support/display/d ... onidoDrive

shamgarr
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: Mounting Tonido Drive

Postby shamgarr » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 am

Cool, thanks. I was looking at the apps page and it said Drive was "part of Pro" so I thought it was something built into the server. I got it now, thanks again.

Return to “Tonido Drive - Archived”