Tonido Sync stuck on "Getting Server Changes"

Support forum for Personal Cloud Sync
guran
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Tonido Sync stuck on "Getting Server Changes"

Postby guran » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:56 am

Hi,

I've installed Tonido Sync on my new client PC (Intel NUC 5i5RYH, Win 8.1) and am trying to sync my files. In total it's about 40 GB. The server connetion is up and works, the server responds to changes with another client PC without problems, but on this client PC the Tonido Sync Software is terminally stuck at "Getting Server Changes".

Over the last few days, I have observed that the Tonido Sync Software has stopped working and is not preesent in the System tray, even if the Client PC is up and running 24/7, without interruption from Windows Updates and reboots, etc. It seems like the Tonido Sync Software has crashed, but I don't see any notices thereof. If i start it again, same thing happens again shortly after, where it gets stuck at "Getting Server Changes".

At some occasions, I've seen the Tonido Sync Software showing a download of some 2000 files accomplished, from some 20.000 in all (40 GB, remeber?), but it never finishes and always get stuck at "Getting Server Changes".

Please let me know what I can do to remedy the problem.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Tonido Sync stuck on "Getting Server Changes"

Postby madhan » Tue May 05, 2015 6:29 am

The number of files > 20,000 files definitely means sync might be timing out when doing the sync changes. It could be the network or you might just want to use fewer files.

Return to “Tonido Sync v1 - Archived”