Tonido Sync: Failed to Login! repeatedly

Support forum for Personal Cloud Sync
ciannone
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Tonido Sync: Failed to Login! repeatedly

Postby ciannone » Mon May 02, 2016 5:22 pm

I was getting this same message upon first setting up server and sync ......
Installed Tonido (Server) on one laptop. Installed Tonido Sync on 2nd laptop. Both machines are on same home LAN. The Sync app would never connect. Would get the "Failed to Login" pop up. Stared into the abyss for a while. I remember seeing the Admin's question in this same post, something like "are you running server and sync on separate machines but on the same LAN?". Well yes that's me. So I took the Server laptop off the home LAN, connected back on to the internet via Verizon wireless aircard and wonder-of-wonders, the sync app connected. And my files sync'ed.

So just to make sure ... I took the server laptop off the Verizon network. Put it back on Home LAN. Added a file to my sync folder. And that file never sync'ed. Finally, I took the server laptop off the home LAN and put it back on the Verizon network, and the new file sync'ed.

So there's something about the server laptop and the sync laptop on the same home LAN not allowing sync to happen. Can anyone offer what might be the issue? I am going via the Tonido relay, I am not a network guy and have no interest in fiddling with ports on my router.
Thx

Return to “Tonido Sync v1 - Archived”