no longer syncing

Support forum for Personal Cloud Sync
gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

no longer syncing

Postby gcthompson » Sat May 30, 2015 8:55 am

hey
have a new issue with nothing syncing to my secondary computers. everything was working really well before, now it's not.
primary computer is an iMac at home. secondaries are macbook pro and an iMac at work.
the data from the primary computer is obviously syncing to the cloud as i can access it all over the tonido website from any computer (under synced files). however nothing is flowing to/from there to my tonidosync folders on the secondary computers, despite the fact that it used to do so with no problems and i haven't changed a thing.
i've tried "force sync", i've tried "reset all sync data". it always goes back to reporting the same number of GB and files, which is not actually what is on the primary computer or on the web-access.
kinda frustrating as i do some travelling for work.
thanks
gt

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: no longer syncing

Postby madhan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:15 am

Note that Tonido is not syncing anything to the cloud. It is all staying in your iMac.
Make sure your iMac is accessible.

Next if the sync is not occurring, check the sync log file and maybe post the sync log file so we can check.Please see viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3335

gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gcthompson » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:29 pm

thanks
yes, as you say there is no "cloud" in tondo which is why it is such a great system for research data etc...the data is staying on my primary computer, not a "cloud". my apologies for saying it that way, old habits die hard. so...the data on my primary computer is being recognized by the tonido system as it is clearly reflected on the web access, but not being synced to the other computers.
i went and deleted everything (tonido-related) off my macbook pro and re-downloaded the tonido sync files. just in the middle of attempting a new sync (on really slow hotel wifi so it's taking forever). seems to be going ok for now, hopefully that will do the trick. didn't really see any other things i haven't done or checked on link you sent. if this doesn't fix things i'll try to send a log.
thanks

gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gcthompson » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:44 pm

so, i tried to delete anything to do with tonido from my laptop and then re-downloaded the program from the web. still nothing syncing.
i have put a bunch of new research files into my tonidosync folder on my iMac (primary computer). they are obviously accessible because when i use other computers to look at the sync folder on the web those new files are there and ready to be used/downloaded.
but still not syncing to either my macbook pro or my iMac at work. there are now no files on the laptop at all because of the attempt to reset everything...
i've attached a log.
would love to have this working soon!
Attachments
tonido-2.log
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 348 times

gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gcthompson » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:10 pm

any ideas on what is going wrong now that i've posted the log?

would love to get this syncing so i can have access to my files. have had to resort to using my old transporter so that i can access my files at work.

i can still see all the new files when accessing through the website, so obviously the primary computer and sync folder is being accessed. but still can't get the files to sync across to work iMac or laptop. don't think it is a firewall issue as i can't even sync my laptop when i'm on the same local network as my primary computer at home.

thanks

gt

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 pm

Please wait. We'll get back to you once we debug the issue

gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gcthompson » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

hate to be a pest, but any idea of what has been happening based on the log files i sent in?
it has now been a month without tonido syncing. not good, i need this for work.
again, sorry to pester but i need this to work.
gt

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Status is not coming down properly.
You might have reset everything. Shutdown tonido, delete %APPDATA%\TonidoSyncData folder. You can also delete {TonidoProfileDataLocation}\plugindata\syncserver folder
Then uninstall the sync app from the server apps section.
Reinstall the sync app from the server apps and retry the sync.

You might have to also do the same thing in sync client side.

gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gcthompson » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 am

thanks.
i deleted absolutely everything related to tonido from all of my computers/devices to get a fresh start.
i've reloaded onto my home (primary) computer and so far it is working ok...whatever i put in the tonido sync file shows up on the webpage (but that has never been an issue). the real test will be when i try to reload sync at work, which is where the issue was occurring. that will have to happen when i'm back from holidays in a few wks. thanks for your advice. hoping it works, will let you know if there are any more issues.
gt

gcthompson
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gcthompson » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:48 pm

so i deleted everything related to tonido off of all my devices (home + office iMacs, laptop, iPhone)
still no success in syncing. it simply stops and nothing gets sync'd. it's obviously connecting partially, because i can see everything in my tonidosync file from my base (home) iMac when accessing through the web, but still nothing goes across to the other computers.

so...i was about to totally give up on tonido but decided to try one more thing. i registered another brand new account. again deleted everything tonido-related on my devices and re-loaded. then using the new account i have started to put things into my sync folder. so far it looks like this might work but i'm not sure yet.

painful to have to do all this. hopefully the issue is almost resolved. if not, i'll have to find something else to use.

gt

Return to “Tonido Sync v1 - Archived”