Latest Android app won't play mp3s

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
BrutalPlanet
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Latest Android app won't play mp3s

Postby BrutalPlanet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

I've just updated to the latest Android app & latest server version because I was having problems with mp3 playback cutting out after a few minutes.

With this latest setup things are even worse - I can't play mp3s at all. The app appears to load an mp3, try to play it and stops, almost as if it thinks the file is zero length.

Since all I want to use Tonido on my phone for is to play music, I'm pretty much screwed if I can't sort this out.

My android version is 4.0.3 (ICS), app is 3.1 and server is 7. ... something ...

Anyone any ideas/suggestions?

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Latest Android app won't play mp3s

Postby Sreeja » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Tried playing music. It was successful. We are unable to reproduce the issue.

uzboz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby uzboz » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 am

I can confirm this error I have tested it on both a nexus 7 and nexus 5 running android lollipop. Shame I had high hopes for your software

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 am

There isnt a lot we can do if it cant be reproduced in our systems. Mp3 plays fine in our nexus 5 running lollypol

uzboz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby uzboz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 am

What an odd response for a support forum. I know that I am not the only one experiencing the issue, therefore you evidently have an issue, or it's a "user problem" either way I would have thought some some sort of helpful response would be forthcoming. You have not attempted to find out from me what operating system the server is on, nothing.

Well if you don't care about your product I guess I as a customer shouldn't either!

uzboz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby uzboz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:30 pm

This is either a lollipop or nexus issue, I have tested streaming music using my samsung tablet running ice cream sandwich and it works without a problem

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Can you tell us the server version as well as the app version. Also, can you try a file that has no special characters in the name

uzboz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby uzboz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:41 am

Yes:

Server version is 7.83.0.27601
App is 3.1
Nexus 5 and nexus 7 has the issue running lollipop

The problem is related to the file name, it will only play files that are named with one word i.e. no numbers in front and no spaces. I renamed a music file so that it is just one word and it streamed. However this is not an issue on my samsung tablet running ICS, it happily played the file when it had a space between two words.

jayc27
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jayc27 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:17 pm

I'm having the exact same issue withe the latest server version, latest client version, and lollipop. If I change the filename to one word, I can play the file (how the other user figured this out is beyond me). This is a real shame because it's been a month since it's been highlighted and we've gotten no further guidance. Can someone please help out? I cannot rename all of my mp3's.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 pm

Thanks for letting us know. This will be fixed in the next release.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”