some minor issues with photo upload on Android

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
ballfam
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

some minor issues with photo upload on Android

Postby ballfam » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:08 am

First, thanks for the quick update on photo uploads to allow a custom directory. Now that I can actually upload all my photos, I noticed a few issues:

1) It's nice to be able to set a folder to upload, but a number of Android models have some kind of "burst" mode, which will always write to the internal memory. So, if photo storage is set to the SD card, regular shots will go there and burst-mode shots will be written to internal memory. So, currently, no matter where I set the upload folder, I don't get al my pictures. We need the ability to set multiple upload folders.

2) I had a large backlog of pictures to upload, and so after setting it up I "OK" out and let it run in the background. If I then try a regular connection to the same sever to look at files it hangs. If I go back to the home screen and clear the app from cache, when I go back in and check the photo upload, it has also hung. The only way out of this is to force exit of the app and start again from-scratch. It seems like the app can only maintain one connection with he server at-a-time, and if it is being used for the photo upload, then the regular connection hangs.

3) Photo upload can't handle a momentary drop of connection. I have multiple WiFi access points at home, and the phone will switch from one to another as I move around. If the photo upload is ongoing, and the network drops for a second to switch to another WiFi, the photo upload goes into "no network" exception and never comes out. Again, the only way out of this is to force exit the app and start the upload again. I suspect the same thing will happen if upload is running when I leave the WiFi range, so if upload is running, and I walk out of the house, it will stop with "no network" exception, and never start again when I walk back in and the network re-connects.

Thanks guys...keep up the good work

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: some minor issues with photo upload on Android

Postby rydgaze » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:16 am

Ok Thanks for the feedback. opened tickets for these issues. Will get these addressed. however It will be at least 6 weeks before these will get into a an android build (will go in after iOS release)

ballfam
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: some minor issues with photo upload on Android

Postby ballfam » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

O.K...thanks Rydgaze. I didn't expect an immediate update, after all I'm not a corporate customer paying mega-bucks for the app, and I know it takes a while to diagnose and fix these things, especially with a small dev team. Let me know if you need any more info on the issues.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”