Android BETA: Automatic backup of Photos and Videos support

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
sgaluf
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Android BETA: Automatic backup of Photos and Videos supp

Postby sgaluf » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:33 am

I've setup automatic backup for my phone (Nexus 5) and it works fine. Now I want to setup backup for my wife's phone also. Problem is, only one destination folder can be set for backup, which means that our photos will be mixed up. Is it possible to set up separate destination folders for each phone?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:19 am

There is one main folder, but each phone will have its own sub folder with the phone name.

sgaluf
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby sgaluf » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:25 pm

Can the phone name be changed? My wife has the same phone.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:28 pm

We are actually trying to get the real phone name. Don't have a standard way to do that.

sgaluf
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby sgaluf » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:52 am

I guess the easiest way would be that the user defines his phone name in Tonido mobile app and then that would be used as destination sub folder.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:21 pm

That is a good idea. We will take a note of that for our update

SC23
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby SC23 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:29 pm

I confess to stupidity. I posted up a new thread (under review and can be deleted) about the android photo upload. I had assumed that with the date on the first post it had already been integrated into the regular android client. I tried updatign with the apk in the first thread and it failed, so then I uninstalled my current client and then installed the one from the top of this thread and it appears to be working. I did set up the server side etc.

I did get a small burp trying to load the server from the client while the uploads were going on. It looked like it was trying but never connected. I think it was probaly just the bandwidth, but other than that it appears to be working.

Kudos and keep up the good work.
SC

jayc27
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jayc27 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:55 pm

I thought you guys would have fixed my music not playing issue (lollipop 5 needs a filename with a single word) that was scheduled for the "next release" but this beta doesn't have the fix in it. Can you put it in a beta since it's not a real release? Or, can you at least let me know when your next actual release is? I'd appreciate it, thanks...love the software but this one is killing me! I now realize I'm spamming this thread but the music is a pre-requisite to me testing beta stuff :-)

Djchew
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Djchew » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:08 pm

It would be helpful to show an overall progress. Maybe change the "Checking:" filed to say 235 of 521,for example. And maybe an overall percentage.

Also, is there any plan to make a service that runs in the background on startup so it will upload any new pictures all the time without the need to launch the application? If so, an icon to tell when it is uploading would be good.

An option to only upload while charging would also be great.

I know this is a lot of requests, but I would love for your software to replace Google Auto Backup and any other options I have tried which all have their issues.
Thanks!

SC23
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby SC23 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Is there a difference in how a phone and a tablet should work with the backup? I installed the same latest app version from the play store on my android tablet and my android phone. The phone works fine but when I click the camera button on the tablet app to set it up or check it the app crashes. My wife had the same experience on her tablet. Everyone is android 4.4.2 and the app is 3.1

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”