Music on iPhone app hardly ever advances to next track

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Music on iPhone app hardly ever advances to next track

Postby Sreeja » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:07 am

Are you doing transcoding (changing the bitrate etc)

LouiseHall
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby LouiseHall » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:32 am

Hello,
After initial success with playing music on my iPhone 5s over wifi from my PC, I have now come to the stage that music will not advance to the next track, regardless is its from a folder, from a playlist or whether I press "Play all files in folder" or "Queue all files in folder".
Nothing will make it play beyond the initial track. It used to work infrequently before but it's useless now. All my operating systems are up to date.
This is my first post here, but I've noticed that this has been a problem for years. I think the Tonido folks should make some attempt to fix this issue rather than constantly repeating "we can't replicate the problem" and "works perfectly for us".
The fact is, it is a problem that renders the app useless, and if the Tonido folks can't replicate the problem then they aren't trying hard enough over a very long period of time.
It is a good service when it works, but is way too irritating to use with this constant issue.
Regards, Louise.

buckwheat
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby buckwheat » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:37 pm

same thing happens to me. i've tried leaving transcoding at "auto" and also turning off transcoding by selecting "original" and no change.

Paulm
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Paulm » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:34 pm

I have the same issue. Plays one track fine then hangs either on skipping to next track or allowing it to move to next track on its own. Once it hangs it freezes up and needs ending in tasks. Very frustrating. iPhone 5s with latest updates but it was doing same prior to last update.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:15 pm

This looks like a bug. This will be fixed in the future updates

jackburton
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jackburton » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:34 pm

I'm glad this is FINALLY being acknowledged instead of dismissed. Now the question is when will the update be available.

ricardo
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby ricardo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:02 am

I'm having the same problem. Have been running Tonido for a couple years and have loved it.
Within the last 3 days, I've had the same issue. I'll go to folder-play all tracks (bitrate doesn't matter...same issue), and the first song will play. However; Tonido will 'hang up' and not play any song after the first one.
Running on iphone 5s AT&T LTE or wifi...same issue.
attached-pic of tonido hung up and not playing next song...
Attachments
tonido.PNG
tonido.PNG (435.18 KiB) Viewed 9371 times

parallellives99
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby parallellives99 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am

Having the exact same problem here on my iphone 6 with update 8.4.1. It will play any track and then not be able to go to the next track, no transcoding at all. I suspect it is an IOS issue since it only started when I upgraded my IOS. PLease fix with IOS 9, this is terrible...

UPDATE 9-16-15 Just downloaded IOS 9 and still have the issue. The issue is with Tonido. Please fix this and it will be back to being the best app on the market! I used to tell my friends about this all the time until this issue started...
Last edited by parallellives99 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackburton
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jackburton » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:29 am

Any updates on this? For me it only seems to occur with flac files. Mp3 files seem to have no stopping issue after the track is completed.

Aruna
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Aruna » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:09 pm

Good to know that mp3 files do not have this issue, We will surely notify you when a new update is released.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”