Download to iphone

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
scottbr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Download to iphone

Postby scottbr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:01 pm

Actually, I have the Tonido app installed on an iPad. I can see folders full of photos on the remote computer (in the next room). When I click on the photo, I can choose "Download to iPhone", and it adds it to the downloads list.

Now here's the "dumbest question is the unasked one": how the heck does it begin downloading to the iPad? Or am I on a fool's errand (iPhone vs iPad)?

I have read the doc, but just can't seem to find this most obvious of features.

thx.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Download to iphone

Postby rydgaze » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Now here's the "dumbest question is the unasked one": how the heck does it begin downloading to the iPad? Or am I on a fool's errand (iPhone vs iPad)?

I hope I understand your question correctly. If you select "Download file or Folder contents to iPhone", it will download it to the device itself (Even though it says iPhone, it really means "Download this file to the device"). I will change the wording of that menu item in the next update to be clear.

Once you do that, you can see it by going to the "Downloads" Tab in the bottom. When the file download is in progress, you can see it by clicking the "In Progress" segmented button on the top. Once it is downloaded, it can be seen by clicking the "Saved" segmented button.

Also, the App has already been modified to provide iPad specific UI and is in the process of submission to the AppStore. So once it is released, you can update to that as well.

scottbr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby scottbr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:42 pm

rydgaze wrote:I hope I understand your question correctly. If you select "Download file or Folder contents to iPhone", it will download it to the device itself (Even though it says iPhone, it really means "Download this file to the device"). I will change the wording of that menu item in the next update to be clear.

Once you do that, you can see it by going to the "Downloads" Tab in the bottom. When the file download is in progress, you can see it by clicking the "In Progress" segmented button on the top. Once it is downloaded, it can be seen by clicking the "Saved" segmented button.

Also, the App has already been modified to provide iPad specific UI and is in the process of submission to the AppStore. So once it is released, you can update to that as well.

I see. Maybe my connection settings aren't right, b/c I never see any "In Progress" action, and definitely no "Saved" items.

Definitely looking forward to the update for iPad.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 pm

When you click on "Download file to iPhone", does it show a dialog box indicating that the file has been queued to download?

scottbr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby scottbr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 pm

rydgaze wrote:When you click on "Download file to iPhone", does it show a dialog box indicating that the file has been queued to download?

Yes, it does. My cluelessness lies in not understanding when the queued item becomes an actual downloaded file... Is it maybe on syncing with iTunes or something? Or should it be happening automatically after some period of time?

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:57 pm

Ok. If it indicates that it is queued for download, then it will begin downloading if there nothing else is already downloading.
So, if no errors are being reported, if you go to the "Downloads" tab and click the "Saved" segmented control, it should show a folder named "<Yourid> Downloads" and the file you downloaded should be saved in that location.

This has no iTunes implications and is unrelated to iTunes (though you can use iTunes to directly transfer files into Tonido documents also).

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”