Need help with connecting with iPhone App

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
Richel
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Need help with connecting with iPhone App

Postby Richel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:19 pm

I have successfully installed the TonidoPlug for both local and for remote access. However, I cannot access my TonidoPlug with the iPhone app. I get the error "Server, Account, Password might be incorrect." However, all these work on my PC via a web browser. I also cannot use Safari on the iPhone and access my TonidoPlug. The only thing I can think to troubleshoot is the "Remote answer." I do not recall setting up a remote answer and when I go to the administration of the TonidoPlug locally the remote answer field is not empty but has ***** (5 asterisks), as though it were hiding the remote answer. Any help in getting access via the iPhone app would be appreciated. Thanks.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Need help with connecting with iPhone App

Postby rydgaze » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 pm

Hi,

So you cannot access Tonido even using the safari browser on the phone?

I am assuming you didnt disable relay ? The fact that you couldnt access the Tonido server using the browser means that Tonido truly is not accessible form the phone (hence the app also fails). If you didnt enter remote answer, it shouldnt be a factor in this case.

When you try to access it from you PC are you using the <yourid.tonidoid.com> or are you using IP:port? Let us know and we will help troubleshoot this issue.

Richel
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Richel » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, relay was disabled and when it was enabled, I was able to access my TonidoPlug via the iPhone app. Thank you very much!

ericgus
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby ericgus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Richel wrote:Well, relay was disabled and when it was enabled, I was able to access my TonidoPlug via the iPhone app. Thank you very much!

if you have the relay disabled .. you have to use the port# as well .. and make sure you have configured your firewall to rout the port to your plug .. (There are links on the tonido site on how to setup / configure port forwarding) ..

you can use the iphone app if relay is disabled . .. there are just a few extra steps you need to do.

pleitch
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby pleitch » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm having the same problem but I have SSL enabled so I get the "can't relay with SSL" message.

Where can I find the "few extra steps" to connect with relay disabled?

Thanks!

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm having the same problem but I have SSL enabled so I get the "can't relay with SSL" message.

Where can I find the "few extra steps" to connect with relay disabled?

This is fixed in yet-to-be-released iphone App v2.0. The default behavior in the earlier app is to reject self signed SSL certs and that has been fixed in the new app.

If you want SSL, then you can still use https:// infront of your relay ID (https://yourid.tonidoid.com). But without relay, v1.0 of app will not work with SSL.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”