Using your own relay service?

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
theacoustician
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Using your own relay service?

Postby theacoustician » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:12 pm

So, I'm a bit baffled on how to make this work correctly.

So I have my own domain and custom DNS redirection from DynDNS. So far, I've set it up like this and it's worked well.

site.*mydomainname*.com = A-record
    http://www.*mydomainname*.com = Webhop to site.*mydomainname*.com:10001/ui/guest/index.html
    *mydomainname*.com = Webhop to site.*mydomainname*.com:10001/ui/guest/index.html
    admin.*mydomainname*.com = Webhop to site.*mydomainname*.com:10001/ui/core/index.html

This works well as it allows guests to get directly to the guest login and I can get directly to the admin login. However, I'm having a heck of a time setting up access for mobile clients. I want to be able to use m.*mydomainname*.com without having to put in the port. For browsers, I used Webhop. This apparently doesn't work for the mobile client. I tried site.*mydomainname*.com:10001 on the mobile client and that works fine. How did you set up *mytonidoID*.tonidoid.com to redirect to *myhostIP*:10001 or do you have any alternate suggestions on how to make this work?

Thank you!

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”