Android App Is Available in the Market

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: Android App Is Available in the Market

Postby madhan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:53 pm

We are working to get self-signed SSL support added. We will also try to add a change log.

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:10 am

@RaiD- we have released an update (v9) in the market. Current verison supports login using self signed SSL. Known Issue: Android Media Player doesn’t play media through self signed SSL, hence music and video streaming doesn’t work (we are working on to see if there is a work around...)
Can you pl try?

Also I have started a new thread for release notes.

RaiD
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby RaiD » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:23 am

Looks like the login is working via SSL, great!

Is it a known issue that PDFs won't load? I'm using a Droid and I get an error with QuickPDF (default viewer) that says "Error opening file. It does not exist or cannot be read.". I receive that error with ANY pdf that I try opening through Tonido on Android but I can open all PDFs through email (both corporate or GMail) on the phone just fine. I know the file exists because it's in the directory and I can open just fine locally or remotely via web browser.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

labyrinthian
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby labyrinthian » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:16 am

SSL is now fixed for me also -- but same error message as far as opening files {PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX} using QuickOffice and {PDF} using Adobe Reader. Unable to play any media files either.

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:25 pm

Tonido app downloads the file into a local directory and tries to open it. Can you check if the you have /sdcard/Android/data/com.tonido/ directory and any files in it?

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:45 am

Found a bug with downloading file into local directory. Fixed in version 11. Can you try opening a pdf?

innerspace
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby innerspace » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:03 pm

HI,

I've been loving the plug since I got it about a month ago so thanks.

I installed the initial public release of the Tonido Android app and was able to log in once only to see FCs at each further attempt . I updated the app to it's latest version today and am now unable to log in at all. I get the following error: "Error: Couldn't reach tonido device." Doesn't matter if I am on Wifi or 3G.

I have no issues accessing my plug from internal/external networks via the web or SSH.

I am running Android 2.2.1 on an HTC Dream (Cyanogenmod 6.0). I attempted to grab a logcat but there's no info there at all.

I was going to write up a review for droidlife but simply posting a screenshot of this error seems like the wrong thing to do.

Help?

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Can pl share the screenshot of your phone? or post the url and username as you typed in the app?

3G and Wifi doesnt matter if you are using relay http:// yourname.tonidoid.com or if you have port forwarded.
If you are accessing within LAN using url http://192.168.xx.xx:10001/ then, you have to be in the Wifi of the LAN.

innerspace
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby innerspace » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Sure - here is the screenshot:

http://bookofjesus.org/images/qrgzzzllysan4fjjqg.png

I am logging into http://myusername.tonidoid.com
user: root
pass: mystrongpassword

So, it shouldn't matter whether I am on 3g or wifi as I am using the FQDN as a target.

Is root login disabled? If so, you guys should make the error message more specific.

The app only briefly attempts to connect and then the error pops up. It doesn't even look like any data transfer happens at all. I have the sdk installed, if you require any logs etc. feel free to ask.

Thanks!

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 pm

innerspace wrote:I am logging into http://myusername.tonidoid.com
user: root
pass: mystrongpassword

"User" should be same as "myusername".

"root" login is not supported. we will add an appropriate error message..

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”