Blackberry - AuthenticationFailed0Bad Role

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
singularity
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Blackberry - AuthenticationFailed0Bad Role

Postby singularity » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:12 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem with the blackberry app (1.0.0.2). The app will let me see my folders just fine but whenever I click on a file to open it, the browser opens up and I get this message "AuthenticationFailed0Bad Role". Anyone else having this problem?

charindex
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Blackberry - AuthenticationFailed0Bad Role

Postby charindex » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Can you tell us the phone model and the network (corporate, EDGE, WIFI etc) being used.

Also, what is the file type (pdf, doc etc) and size of the file being opened.

singularity
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby singularity » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Sure thing. It's a blackberry 8530. It does this for any type of file, jpg, pdf, etc. The network is EVDO but I don't know if it's using direct tcp or if it's going through the BIS proxy first. I also have this problem when I have wifi turned on but same thing, I don't know if it's direct or if it's going through BIS. Is there a way to specify a preference in the app? If not, that would be a good thing to add. I'll try checking my phone's debug log tonight to see if I can figure out exactly which connection it's using.

It just seems strange to me that the app shows me the files and folders but won't let me download or open any of them. I would have expected it to be all or nothing.

singularity
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby singularity » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:00 pm

So it looks like the app itself is using direct TCP over the cellular data connection but whenever I select a file to open it immediately opens the default browser, which goes through BIS. When I set the default browser to be the wifi browser I get a browser error. I don't have service books for a wap browser that doesn't go through BIS. I think the problem is that the app is using a different data connection than the browser.

Is anyone actually able to get this app to work? I can't imagine that I'm the only one having this problem.

charindex
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby charindex » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 pm

This could be problem of the corporate network settings. Try the below link to and set your phone and browser to use WIFI-Only when trying to access Tonido.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4537240_using-w ... lan-t.html

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”