Android - Feature request

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
balee
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Android - Feature request

Postby balee » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Starting the Feature Requests topic in the mobile section here..

Playing with the beta2 left me with mixed feelings, the app works ok, but quite limited in function.
This is what would be really nice to have:

-file download: currently I can only view the content of files or share them, but cannot download actually them. This would be useful sometimes.

-multiple logins: while away I'm using the internet address, but from home I use the private IP. It is a bit cumbersome to type the url each time I change location. It'd be nice to have an option to save actual urls and credentials.

-Photo: could you please forget those tiny arrows for next/previous pic in the pic viewer? :) Let us use the normal touchscreen swipe style for scrolling thru the picture library. The Photo Gallery is almost perfect. It should be the default for pic viewing.

-Music: any chance for coverart and playlists?

-Share from external app: taking a pic from the default app lets you share the picture with flick, picasa etc.. Tonido could be a choice here. This would also be cool for other apps (mainly productivity suites).

-Uploading: in general, this should be a default feature :) (at least for the PRO users)

What else?

Finally: Thanks a lot for your efforts!!! Tonido is absolutely unique thing in this field to most of us, I'm sure.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Android - Feature request

Postby rydgaze » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Sounds good. Keep them coming!!

flashfireopal
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby flashfireopal » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 pm

I'd love the ability to search for files and download them. Also, a jukebox section of the app to allow for playlist and album playing would be great.

rubberbullets
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby rubberbullets » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:40 pm

agreed 100% about the picture viewer. swiping to scroll from pic to pic, and being able to resize/zoom in without clicking on the picture.

Also, even on wifi the application is still much too sluggish for me to consider using on a regular basis.

jbdavies
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jbdavies » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:34 am

Another request for the ability to download files.

Also, I don't know if this is in the works or not... but being able to watch videos would be nice too.

Looks good though. I like it.

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:41 pm

We would add 'option to download' to the list of features. Meanwhile, pl use this workaround: If you are opening a file that is not an image or file, the file is downloaded under /sdcard/Android/data/com.codelathe.tonido/ before opening it. You can use your Android file explorer to open the file (pl note: a file will be deleted when another file is opened...)

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 pm

Video Support - next version of the app will have support for mp4 videos..

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Picture Gallery: Generating thumbnails take some CPU cycles and time hence it is slow when accessed it for the first time. Since generating thumbnails takes CPU cycles, which are expensive in case of TonidoPlug, we havent made gallery view as default.

Multiple logins, share from external apps, uploading all are good features.. we added it to list of enhancements..

jbdavies
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby jbdavies » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Awesome. Sounds good! :) Looking forward to the new release.

dinobud
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby dinobud » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:45 pm

I vote for download ability especially for ENTIRE folders (e.g. music albums).

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”