Android - PDF issues

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
avion
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Android - PDF issues

Postby avion » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 am

1) I have a one page PDF which Adobe Reader does not display (it comes up as page 1/0 and nothing is displayed. When I hit the back button I get an error: "null Couldn't reach Tonido device" and the title bar displays "User: null" after which the app crashes.

If I select QuickOffice to display the PDF it is displayed correctly but after hitting the back button the same error is displayed but the app does not crash. UPDATE: after hitting the back button the app crashes in this situation as well.

Original Droid with Froyo.

Avi

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Android - PDF issues

Postby gumbo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:01 am

Do you have this issue for any pdf file or a particular file?

Tonido App downloads documents (pdf, word etc) into a temporary folder /sdcard/Android/data/com.codelathe.tonido and launches appropriate app to open it. ( The files get cleared afterwards)

Can you pl try following?
Immediately after trying to open the file through adobe reader, can you try opening the pdf file (under /sdcard/Android/data/com.codelathe.tonido/) directly using Android File Explorer?

avion
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby avion » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:46 am

I did not try with another PDF, but I will try later once I upload another file.

I followed your steps and I had the same problem when I opened the file from the file explorer so that may be a problem with this specific document or (more likely) with Adobe Reader.

avion
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby avion » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:08 am

OK, I tried with another PDF. Adobe Reader can display this file however at the end, when exiting AR I still get the "null Couldn't reach Tonido device" error and the Tonido app crashes (forced close)

gumbo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby gumbo » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:01 am

Will it be possible for you to send us the pdf (the first file that crashes adobe reader) to test our App? We would greatly appreciate if you could send the file to support@codelathe.com with subject "PDF - Abode Reader Crash in Android" .

avion
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby avion » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:46 pm

I am afraid this will not be possible since it contains personal information.

What is interesting about this PDF that it was created by Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Mac and can be opened with the desktop versions of Acrobat Reader but not with the mobile version.

In any case this is not a problem with Tonido but rather with the the mobile reader on Tonido so I should file a bug report with Adobe.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”