"Request Timed out."

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
SalsaShark42
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

"Request Timed out."

Postby SalsaShark42 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

I just installed the Tonido app (1.0.0.2) on my BlackBerry 9700.

When I start it, I see the following:

"Logging In..."

"Authenticating..."

"Getting Plugins..."

"Request Timed out. Please verify if Tonido is running."

I've tried this on WiFi and 3G with the same results.

It also appears that I cannot edit any of the configuration data, though I'm sure it's correct.

I am using the relay service...since I can't figure out how to change the server name, I can't point it directly to my Plug and test it that way.

Any ideas?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: "Request Timed out."

Postby madhan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 am

Couple of reports abt this issue. We will investigate.
We don't have this handset, maybe we can get your help to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!

SalsaShark42
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby SalsaShark42 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Whatever I can do to help, just let me know. I still have the application installed, but I don't know how to change the settings (deleting the application still keeps the connection info stored somewhere) and my repeated attempts today have the same results...

charindex
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby charindex » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:55 pm

What Tonido version are you running in the backend.

Can you make sure you are running the latest tonido version. Also, please restart your tonido in the backend before trying to login.

Let us know if you still have problems.

SalsaShark42
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby SalsaShark42 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:42 am

My Plug is running 2.10.0.12241 and I've already tried restarts and what-not. I don't have any problem accessing the Plug from my BlackBerry's web browser, nor do I see any delays when I access it from my laptop or Xbox 360.

Same issue if I take my wireless router out of the picture and have nothing else connected to my cable modem except for the Plug.

A friend of mine also has a Plug and I would be more than happy to try connecting to his server, but I have no idea how to change the connection settings. I was only presented that screen the first time I installed the Tonido app. Even with a delete of the app and a reinstall, I'm no longer prompted for that info.

SalsaShark42
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby SalsaShark42 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 am

Also, my BlackBerry OS is v5.0.0.405 (Platform 5.1.0.112) and it is connected to a BES server.

SalsaShark42
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby SalsaShark42 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 am

I tried changing the default browser in case it was an MDS vs. WAP issue--no difference.

I can also confirm that there are no corporate policies that would interfere with this working and I have verified this by removing my company's policy file and testing again.

Finally, I have tried just 3G connection and just WiFi and they both have the timeout problem.

Where are the Tonido app settings stored? I don't see anything in the service books...I would like to delete/remove that information and try again without the relay service. If that doesn't work, I can try connecting to a different Tonido server.

charindex
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby charindex » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:16 am

Thanks for the detailed information. We have filed a bug for login credentials not getting cleared. We will get this fixed at the earliest.

From your post, we can see that BB app was able to login to your Tonido because it got past "Logging In.." and "Authenticating.." and came to "Getting Plugins.."

Since we dont have problems with most of the other phone models, we will need your help in fixing this issue. We will keep this forum posted on any updates.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 am

Is it possible for you to get your Tonido log when this happens in your phone?

Change your Tonido Log settings to trace. Tonido->Settings->Activity Log->Tonido Log Level-> Change to Trace.

Then try logging in using blackberry. Next locate the log file and send it to as a PM.

You can get the log by looking here.
http://www.tonido.com/help/Index.htm?context=140

charindex
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby charindex » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:23 am

One quick thing you can try is to make sure your Explorer plugin is active and Webshare or Webshare Pro is active.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”