iPhone Beta Feedback

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
msbaylor
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

iPhone Beta Feedback

Postby msbaylor » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Creating a central point for the people beta testing the iPhone app.

I'm very pleased that there is going to be an app for the TonidoPlug / Tonido apps. Overall I like the interface, the photo thumbnail creation and the audio player. Of course it always seems like people have more negative than positive things to say. While, yes, I've found issues, I am still thankful for the creation of the application.

Issues Encountered:

* If user login info is incorrect, it erases all the data that was put in. It'd be nice if it left all, but the passwords, instead of having to re-type it each time. Als an added feature would be for it to remember you login info - of course I'd add a warning to the user saying it could be potentially unsafe.

* Photos need to auto-fill screen instead of appearing-in-a-corner - could the app use the iPhone's viewer? (I don't know much in the app-dev area, so I could be way out of line)

* I cannot share any file/folder - I received a network error.

Features I'd like to see:

* In the web version, we're able to view playlists , but in-app, we cannot -It'd be nice if we could.

* The ability to search in-app - I have a thousands of files on my Tonido I'd be nice if I could search certain directories.

* In the music music app - a "back" button in the top-right corner would be nice - mainly because people are used to having this in a majority of iPhone apps, in order to get back to the playlist.

Maybe in a Later Update

* Shortcuts - ability to define where particular file folders are - eg.: personal folders or commonly accessed file/s OR a "home screen" in-app that allows for assignable shortcuts - eg.: one goes to the music folder, another goes to the pic folder, etc.

* Ability to create playlists on-the-go

* Multiple photo selection for upload.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: iPhone Beta Feedback

Postby rydgaze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm very pleased that there is going to be an app for the TonidoPlug / Tonido apps. Overall I like the interface, the photo thumbnail creation and the audio player. Of course it always seems like people have more negative than positive things to say. While, yes, I've found issues, I am still thankful for the creation of the application.

Thank you!. We do want to make sure we address issues before the release. So please keep them coming

Issues Encountered:

* If user login info is incorrect, it erases all the data that was put in. It'd be nice if it left all, but the passwords, instead of having to re-type it each time. Als an added feature would be for it to remember you login info - of course I'd add a warning to the user saying it could be potentially unsafe.

Yes. I believe this issue is fixed in the update. We will be sending out the updated build to try soon.

* Photos need to auto-fill screen instead of appearing-in-a-corner - could the app use the iPhone's viewer? (I don't know much in the app-dev area, so I could be way out of line)

Currently, we are trying to fix this issue of filling the screen with image. Currently, you have to either tap or use the pinch gesture to make it bigger. We definitely want to address this issue.

* I cannot share any file/folder - I received a network error.

This seems like a bug. Are you not able to share any file/folder at all? Can you confirm if you can try this on wifi/and/or local ip?

Features I'd like to see:

* In the web version, we're able to view playlists , but in-app, we cannot -It'd be nice if we could.

Our current focus is to complete the first version of the app and get it approved. We do have plans to expand the app with tab view controller

* The ability to search in-app - I have a thousands of files on my Tonido I'd be nice if I could search certain directories.

Noted. This definitely will be coming as well.

* In the music music app - a "back" button in the top-right corner would be nice - mainly because people are used to having this in a majority of iPhone apps, in order to get back to the playlist.

Noted. Will add as well.

Maybe in a Later Update

* Shortcuts - ability to define where particular file folders are - eg.: personal folders or commonly accessed file/s OR a "home screen" in-app that allows for assignable shortcuts - eg.: one goes to the music folder, another goes to the pic folder, etc.

Ok. Once we implement the tab view controller, we will make sure this is available.

* Ability to create playlists on-the-go

Ok. Currently, the player just plays any songs in the list. The concept of playlist is not yet available in the app. We will look at adding this as well.

* Multiple photo selection for upload.

Noted.

Thanks again for the detailed feedback. We highly appreciate this. The new update will be sent out soon. The new update fixes the login issue you mentioned and few crash issues as well.

Regards

msbaylor
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby msbaylor » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:18 pm

I was having the share issue on the local address. But the second beta seems to have fixed this and the wrong-login-erases-input is also fixed. :P

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:02 pm

Cool. Hopefully, the app submission process will go through in a few weeks and all users can enjoy the app.

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks for reporting.

The newest beta build (1.8) also has updates to allow the music to play even in bad network condition (it will retry or skip to next song. Earlier, it will just stop). There were few crashes that have been fixed as well.

Once the application is approved, we will expand the app with additional functions that are in the pipeline.

So please keep sending feedback to improve the app!

Legolas
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby Legolas » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:16 pm

I didn't want to start a new thread for the iPhone Beta Feedback.... please don't
think I am hijacking your thread.

I installed the latest Tonido SW on my plug last evening and have the Beta version
of TonidoApp on my iPhone (Along w/ the HTML5 version)

-- I don't see my playlists in the native App.
-- Don't see how I can access any of the Apps that are running on the Plug
(Photos, Thot, Workspace, Torrent, ....)

What I see is just the file explorer....

Maybe a simple getting started doc is in order. I understand this is a Beta release
and please see my feedback as postive :)

Looking forward to a stable, and fully functional iPhone App. That would really make
Tonido great

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The first version of the Iphone app has the following goals
1. Access files/folders by accessing the tonido server on http or https
2. View images
3. Listen to music
4. View iphone encoded video
5. Share file and send email/sms of the shared link

Once the application is approved, we have plans to add additional features for the next version of this application such as
1. search
2. Favorites (like folders/files etc)
3. Access to the playlist created in jukebox
4. Offline file access (download certain files to be available on phone even if network is not available)

We will consider adding additional features as needed by the community.

Regards

Legolas
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby Legolas » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:35 pm

rydgaze wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

The first version of the Iphone app has the following goals
1. Access files/folders by accessing the tonido server on http or https
2. View images
3. Listen to music
4. View iphone encoded video
5. Share file and send email/sms of the shared link

Hi
In the beta app, I see only item 1 in your list, and none other. Do I need
to navigate to the respective images/music directory for the particular feature
to kickin?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:41 pm

If it is a mp3 file, just select it to listen to it. Same for a photo file.
There is a share link for each folder you see listed.

Legolas
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby Legolas » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Hi
When is the next version of the iPhone app going to be released? The
current version is more of less like file explorer. Wish we can connect
directly and stream music, view pics/videos etc.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”