Tonido quits on iPad

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
dreampool
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Tonido quits on iPad

Postby dreampool » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Tonido will no longer work on my iPad Air.

I'm up to date on my desktop Mac Tonido software (v14.90.0.34042) and am using the latest iOS, 10.3.2.

Now when I try to start the Tonido app, it immediately quits, (flashes and then disapears) but stays in the background. Nothing has changed, I've added no new apps or updates. Was working fine yesterday, not working today. Never had a problem before this.

McGrath
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: Tonido quits on iPad

Postby McGrath » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:53 pm

The same thing has happened to me today. I'm glad to see I'm not alone, it suggests it's something up with Tonido centrally rather than with my ipad. When. I tried logging on to tonido on my browser it refused to accept my log in. Clearly something is up. I hope the company hasn't turned up its toes...

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 am

McGrath wrote:The same thing has happened to me today. I'm glad to see I'm not alone, it suggests it's something up with Tonido centrally rather than with my ipad. When. I tried logging on to tonido on my browser it refused to accept my log in. Clearly something is up. I hope the company hasn't turned up its toes...

This issue isn't reproducible.

Please try the following steps

1. Disable your antivirus and firewall software.
2. Tonido Web Browser user interface requires cookies to be enabled, make sure you have enabled cookies in your browser.
3. When the browser opens, Hit Refresh or Reload
4. You can try opening the Classic Interface. The URL is https://<yourname>.tonidoID.com/ui/classic/index.html

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:53 am

dreampool wrote:Tonido will no longer work on my iPad Air.

I'm up to date on my desktop Mac Tonido software (v14.90.0.34042) and am using the latest iOS, 10.3.2.

Now when I try to start the Tonido app, it immediately quits, (flashes and then disapears) but stays in the background. Nothing has changed, I've added no new apps or updates. Was working fine yesterday, not working today. Never had a problem before this.

Please hold on.. We're trying to reproduce the issue

McGrath
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby McGrath » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 am

None of those things works. With this happening simultaneously it can't surely be a problen in our Ipads - unless maybe there's been some update from Apple that's installed itself.

McGrath
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby McGrath » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:35 am

I tried deleting the app again and reinstalling. It started downloading, then froze, and then said it couldn't be downloaded.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:14 am

We're unable to repoduce the Issue

Edjo
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby Edjo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am

I am experiencing the same thing on both my up-to-date (iOS-0.3.2) iPad & iPhone.

I start the app and it crashes before even showing me a welcome screen.

If I double click to see "activated" apps Tonido is there. Image

If I close it (swipe up) and try starting Tonido again, I get the same thing.

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the apps on both iPad & iPhone. No luck.

wr6warren
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby wr6warren » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:20 am

Same here, quits immediately on iPad and iPhone. Both went down on the same day.

McGrath
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby McGrath » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:00 pm

I've tried with another pad, and hey presto, everything works - the tonido app opens up and gets me through to my pc.

And I've found that when I try connecting through my browser, with<accountname>tonidoid.com, that gets me through to my pc, when I type in my password. And that works with both my ipads.

But when I try to open up the Tonido app on my original browser, all that happens, after a second of white screen, is that my normal home screen opens, not tonido. Deleting and reinstalling Tonido on the original ipad doesn't help, because the same thing happens. Of course when I reinstall I'm doing it from the app saved by itunes - but the same would apply when I reinstall on the other ipad, and yet that works perfectly, and still does after I reinstalled it just now.

Any suggestions welcome. I'm flummoxed.

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”