Possible Audio Playback Issue After iOS Update

Support for Tonido on Mobile including iPhone, Blackberry, Android and mobile devices
radeonut
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Possible Bluetooth Audio Playback Issue After iOS Update

Postby radeonut » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 pm

Have same problem only being able to play one song. App hangs when trying to select another song. This happens with my iPad and iPhone 6 both of which I just updated to ios8.4
My old iPhone 4 still works well with its older iOS. This is BAD. I'm sure this will be an issue with everyone. My faith in Apple is just beginning to wane. Hoping someone can come up with a fix very soon

radeonut
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Possible Bluetooth Audio Playback Issue After iOS Update

Postby radeonut » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 am

Looking like its best to revert back to iOS 8.3 until this problem resolved. It seems like we have a limited time to do this according to Internet research

radeonut
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Possible Audio Playback Issue After iOS Update

Postby radeonut » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:48 pm

I've had major problems with another app as well, which plays music from stored music right on the iPhone (and iPad).
It's looking like apps which need to make use of Apple's resident player on the phone are experiencing huge problems with the completely re-worked player on iOS 8.4
I was able to revert my devices back to iOS 8.3, (it's not easy, and you can lose some data and there is a very limited time in which this can still be done - reportedly) but everything worked well again once I reverted back.
I've been in a chat session with Apple and of course there were no concrete answers since the ios is new and the bug reports seem to be streaming in. They suggested I contact the app developers. I am going to attempt to contact CodeLathe to see if they have had any bug reports regarding the Tonido player.
I will just sit tight and enjoy iOS 8.3 until everybody gets it right. My mistake for upgrading the OS so soon.

chris-red
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby chris-red » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:31 am

I have this issue too, iPhone 5s 32gb iOS 8.4 running Tonido on a Windows Server 2012 R2.

DrMusic
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby DrMusic » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:37 pm

I am also having this problem. I noticed it on my iPhone the other day and thought there was something wrong with my Plug. The iPad was working just fine but I upgraded it tonight to iOS 8.4 and same issue.

Is anyone looking into this? I rely on my Tonido!

chris-red
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby chris-red » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:26 am

I have discovered something I hope will help.

If you pause the track and hit the next track it will change and play, however if you don't pause and hit next track it will not play and you have to exit tonido and re-open it.

chris-red
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby chris-red » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:41 am

Also anyone experiencing this should NOT leave Tonido running in the background after it has failed to move to the next track. I did for about an hour on my phone, when I came back to it my phone was very hot and had drained ~30% battery in an hour! Tonido had also crashed on my server, when I tried to 'submit a bug' it told me that failed, the target machine actively refused it.

Any timeframe on a resolution to this?

Thanks,
Chris

chris-red
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby chris-red » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:52 am

I've started using Stream to Me, it costs, £2.29, but works very well.

Sreeja
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Sreeja » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:56 am

This seems like a bug. This will be fixed in the future updates

shg462
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby shg462 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:52 pm

This bug has also been affecting me since upgrading to 8.4

In my case (on iPhone 5s) I can not play many mp3 files at all.

Here's an example that I'm sure used to work. Now the Tonido app just hangs when I try to play it.

http://www.archive.org/download/wizard_ ... 1_baum.mp3

Return to “Tonido on Mobile”