Received refurbished plug with mjen user setup - reset?

Support for your TonidoPlug
pkruschwitz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Received refurbished plug with mjen user setup - reset?

Postby pkruschwitz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:12 pm

I am a little angry :oops: right now. I have used the board to reset the root password, but I still get the dang 'mjen' user on the web interface.

My linux is rusty and I want to know how to reset this d%$# thing to factory. I do not want to do the new flash routine until I get someone who knows what they are doing on the line.

pkruschwitz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Received refurbished plug with mjen user setup - reset?

Postby pkruschwitz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:14 am

(These posts must be manually monitored before posted, because I would have come back yesterday and given this update... but it would not show.) :cry:

I located the 'reset root password' thread/script and was able to putty into the system.

I located the 'deleting profile' thread that told me how to clear the mjen profile so it would reset the configuration.

I would have put links, but I no longer have them quickly available today.

I am still a little upset that Tonido is shipping refurbished units as new. :x Maybe they will offer me a free year of PRO to make up for the hours of extra effort I had to put in. I still have hope for being a vocal positive customer for Tonido. (Hint!)

rydgaze
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby rydgaze » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 am

Refurbished units as new??? Codelathe has never shipped it. If a unit is returned, It has never been shipped as new. They dont even go to the same location.

And we are not even sure what you are referring to. If there is a specific issue, please provide complete details on what was done .

pkruschwitz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby pkruschwitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm

I am not sure how much detail you need?

I unboxed the unit. Plugged it in. Accessed it with the browser. It said that I needed the password for a user called 'mjen' as explained in the first post.

Sorry for delay in responding. Got busy with life.
- Paul Kruschwitz
(No point in hiding - the NSA knows who you are.)

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”