Reseting a tonidoplug for dummies

Support for your TonidoPlug
Pinball150
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Reseting a tonidoplug for dummies

Postby Pinball150 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 pm

HI

I have got a tonido plug, it was brought for me by my ex husband who has changed the password and now can't remember it (useful!). I am a complete rookie and have no idea even from reading the posts how I can reset this so that I can use it. Please can someone give me step by step instructions.

Thanks

Update: I have tried to use the PWreset zip file that I found on here this doesn't seem to work - I have tried 5 different USB sticks. I can find my tonido on my network and click to go to it and it pulls up a login page and asks me to put in the password. This is the one I don't know. I want ot completely wipe the plug and start as if new. The other issue I am having is that the blue light goes on first of all but then goes off after a bit of time. Does this mean that it is not connected properly?

pkruschwitz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Reseting a tonidoplug for dummies

Postby pkruschwitz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:36 pm

My post is not up on the board. Still waiting to see if they are filtering unhappy comments.

I received a "NEW" plug and found out it had been used. "mjen" was the account.

I used the password reset USB to get into root and then used the information on the following post to delete the profile:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2825&p=14188&hilit=reset+user#p14188

Make sure your USB is formatted as FAT32 and unzip the files before putting them on the USB. It worked for me when resetting root. Good luck.

I am still waiting for an apology from the Tonido crew for shipping me used equipment as new.
- Paul Kruschwitz
(No point in hiding - the NSA knows who you are.)

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:57 am

We are pretty surprised to hear your Plug has an existing account.
In that case we do apologize, this is news to us as the units are shipped from our logistics center in california and are never touched by us. Can you tell us your order number so we can follow up?

pkruschwitz
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby pkruschwitz » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Oops, replied to other post before you asked for the order number specifically in this message...

"Your Tonido order has shipped (7792)‏" ....

1 x TonidoPlug2 Plug Computer (UGNAS-P30855-TP)

Somebody at your logistics center was playing. There was definitely a profile for 'mjen' that I had to erase. Your server should have user information for an mjen.tonidoid.com. Happy hunting.
- Paul Kruschwitz
(No point in hiding - the NSA knows who you are.)

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:57 am

OK, thanks for the information, we will follow up.
I have also sent you a PM.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”