Update 398 error

Support for your TonidoPlug
krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Update 398 error

Postby krispy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:40 pm

After the update everything worked, until I did a full restart. Now all apps except plug admin are disabled and I have the error: 'UserData Directory Unavailable. Please make it available and restart'. Everything looks okay. I can see the directories via samba and mount command shows the drive.

Update: Once I viewed the usb0 directory via terminal, I was able to reactivate each app one at a time via the browser. But another plug restart brought me back to the original problem.

devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: Update 398 error

Postby devbloke » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:38 am

Did you happen to remove the USB drive at any time? The message "UserData Directory Unavailable. Please make it available and restart" is displayed when the USB is drive is removed. However, if the USB drive is attached back, the older message is still displayed, probably this is leading to a little confusion.

dongadoy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby dongadoy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:56 pm

I had this same problem. My User Directory was set to /media/usb0. I created a subdirectory named tonido and moved the tonido folders (photos, torrent, websharepro, workspace) there. I changed my User Directory to /media/usb0/tonido and it now works. The subfolder makes my USB disk a little more organized, anyway.

Edit: I submitted too soon. I restarted Tonido and I too have this issue again.

My USB disk was not unplugged at any point during the restart of the plug, nor the restart of Tonido.

I clicked Update on my Profile, and re-activated WebsharePro, and it's working fine. Though I suspect it will have the same UserData Directory Unavailable error if Tonido restarts for some reason.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:28 pm

Folks, are you booting off your own USB drive instead of the flash drive? If YES, then we have a workaround for you.

The new update tries pretty hard to make sure you don't fill up your flash drive by trying to use a flash drive directory as your user directory.

But this check fails if Tonido is booted off a Hard Disk and the user data dir is set within a hard disk directory.

So first please let us know if that is the case.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:57 pm

In my case, (original post), it is a 'standard' configuration. Boot from flash and usb for userdata. Worked perfectly for months before update, rebooting without problem. Any way to downgrade? I can't work with it like this.

devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby devbloke » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:13 pm

@krispy

Nothing has changed to disrupt your setup. You can still run Tonido off the flash drive. The only change is, if you remove your USB drive attached to the TonidoPlug, Tonido Apps gets disabled.

Please make sure of the following:
1) After Tonido Update, make sure the USB drive is attached to the TonidoPlug, restart the TonidoPlug. Just pull the power cord and wait for a few seconds and plug the power cord back.
2) Log into Tonido. If you are still not seeing the Tonido Applications, go to Advanced. This will take you to the old home page. Click on Apps -> Under Manage Tab -> Activate Application manually.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:38 pm

That is what I have been doing to resolve, but when a reboot is performed, without touching the hardware, I am back to no userdata error and apps uninstalled. Prior to update, it rebooted without these problems. I don't want to be outside my network and have this occur.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:42 pm

@krispy if it doesn't work in your standard configuration, it is a bug and we will fix it.
Please help us get to the bottom of this.

1. Activate all your apps
2. Ensure your Tonido User Data Directory is set to a USB drive and that the USB drive is plugged in.
3. Restart TonidoPlug
4. Login into your profile.

Send us your log and we will look at it. You can be sure if there is a problem it will be fixed in a few days and new update will be there for you to update to or a workaround provided.

Thanks for your support.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks. Which log do you need, tonido/system, both, or one directly from the plug log directory?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:27 pm

Just the tonido log. Thanks!

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”