NZB

Support for your TonidoPlug
frankdib
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

NZB

Postby frankdib » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Does anyone have a guide on how to get nzbget or sabnbd+ working on the TonidoPlug2? I've tried the guides that I've found by searching on here, but they don't work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

zeroday
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: NZB

Postby zeroday » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:29 am

frankdib wrote:Does anyone have a guide on how to get nzbget or sabnbd+ working on the TonidoPlug2? I've tried the guides that I've found by searching on here, but they don't work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just received my TonidoPlug2 and I will invest the sabnzbdplus integration, but that would be not that difficult I think. install the debian squeeze packages and up we go I think ;-)

zeroday
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby zeroday » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 pm

very very simple

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade to update your debian squeeze
apt-get install sabnzbdplus
it will install all packages
than it will also install an 'older' 0.5.4. (I believe) version of sabnzbdplus including theme.

What I than did was config /etc/default/sabnzbdplus the file to link to port 80 or 8080 and the ip (0.0.0.0) for Local host

after that I rebooted the tonidoplug2 and I could configure the device through the webinterface.

I have to see how to upgrade the squeeze package to the 0.6.x version

Paladine
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Paladine » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:43 pm

sabnzbd was too slow for me. I downloaded the latest version and installed all the pythons modules, but it's maxed the CPU easily.

I ended up downloading nzbget and compiled it. It runs great. At full download speed (3.4 Mbps) it only uses 70% of the CPU. I installed nzbgetweb and configured that with apache2, so I can check status easily.

zeroday
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby zeroday » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:58 am

I used nzbget often in an other setup it is worth trying. I am about the configure sabnzbd further to see if it is actually also working that great on Plug2

I moved to sabnzbd due to the easy way of integration for TV series and categories etc.
and the API support

nzbget is wat more difficult to setup with the various tools you need like apache, or lighttpd, the nzgetweb etc. (I had a package for the DNS323 and CH3SNAS/CH3MNAS NAS devices)
but if it works, it works nicely.

btw I use sabnzbd on Tonidplug v1 and it is working great.. I would not see why it would different with v2 ;-)

Paladine
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Paladine » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:20 pm

zeroday wrote:btw I use sabnzbd on Tonidplug v1 and it is working great.. I would not see why it would different with v2 ;-)

It's different because Tonido1 runs at 1.2 Ghz while Tonido2 runs at 800 Mhz :(

frankdib
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby frankdib » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 pm

I got sabnzbd+ installed and running but I'm having some trouble. I have a 30mpbs+ connection and it seems all I can get is about 8 - 12 mbps download on the TP2. It seems it also runs 100% CPU the whole time something is downloading which could explain the poor download speeds.

Does anyone have a guide on how to get nzbget setup and working just as sabnzd+? I like the accessible and easy to use web interface it presents.

Any help or information on getting nzbget going on the TP2 would be greatly appreciated.

zeroday
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby zeroday » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:14 am

frankdib wrote:I got sabnzbd+ installed and running but I'm having some trouble. I have a 30mpbs+ connection and it seems all I can get is about 8 - 12 mbps download on the TP2. It seems it also runs 100% CPU the whole time something is downloading which could explain the poor download speeds.

Does anyone have a guide on how to get nzbget setup and working just as sabnzd+? I like the accessible and easy to use web interface it presents.

Any help or information on getting nzbget going on the TP2 would be greatly appreciated.

Can you elaborate your speeds? I have also the TP2 and I am running also Sab and I have a 30MB/s DSL line and when I download my speed is between 2.4MB/s and 2.9MB/s which is normal. Compared to the TP1 there is no difference (other than sab 0.5.x is used on Squeeze and I run 0.6.x on TP1

When the plug and sabnzbd is idle I see not that much load, there is load when downloading or repairing but that's it.

I totally agree that nzbget consumes less CPU, but has a much more need for scripting skills than sabnzbd (especially the postprocessing part to unpack the stuff correctly)

Tigereye
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby Tigereye » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Is it possible to post the compiled version of NZBGET that will run on TP2?

I would like to run it on my TP2 but I do not want to have to modify what is on Flash or have to boot from a USB. Would be nice if I can just put the NZBGET executable on my flash drive and run it from a SSH connection when I need to DL something from a newsgroup.

Thanks.

nth1739
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby nth1739 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:57 pm

SOLVED
I have a SABnzbd installed on my first gen Tonido, but I cant seem to upgrade past SAB version 0.5.2. This is causing a problem with certain sites that use API as API 1.1 is not compatible with my older version of SABnzbd. Any tips on how I can upgrade to a more current version?

I try the apt-get update but I seem to have something wrong with my directories?

Code: Select all

[root@TonidoPlug /]#apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following packages have been kept back:
  tasksel ubuntu-minimal
The following packages will be upgraded:
  adduser apt apt-utils base-files base-passwd bash bsdutils busybox-initramfs
  console-setup cpio cryptsetup debconf debconf-i18n debianutils dhcp3-client
  dhcp3-common dmsetup e2fslibs e2fsprogs eject file ifupdown initramfs-tools
  initscripts kbd klogd language-pack-en language-pack-en-base libblkid1
  libcups2 libdevmapper1.02.1 libgpm2 libmagic1 libncurses5 libncursesw5
  libnewt0.52 libpam-modules libpam-runtime libpam0g libreadline5 libsasl2-2
  libsasl2-modules libselinux1 libsepol1 libss2 libvolume-id1 libwbclient0
  libxml2 linux-libc-dev locales login logrotate lsb-base lsb-release
  module-init-tools mount nano ncurses-base ncurses-bin netbase ntpdate
  openssh-client openssh-server openssl passwd procps python2.5
  python2.5-minimal readline-common sabnzbdplus sabnzbdplus-theme-classic
  sabnzbdplus-theme-plush sabnzbdplus-theme-smpl samba samba-common sudo
  sysklogd sysv-rc sysvinit-utils tasksel-data tzdata ucf udev util-linux
  uuid-runtime vim-common vim-tiny whiptail xkb-data
89 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
E: Could not open lock file /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (21 Is a directory)
E: Unable to lock the download directory

SOLVED - directory was being accessed by another process, so I just restarted the plug a couple of time and retried the apt-get process with SUCCESS! Now I am on Sabnzbd ver 0.6.1!!! My API RSS feeds are once again working.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”