FAQ: TonidoPlug is unable to recognize my USB drive

Support for your TonidoPlug
tonido4umadmin
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

FAQ: TonidoPlug is unable to recognize my USB drive

Postby tonido4umadmin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 am

In most instances an unavailable USB drive is a result of file system inconsistencies.
Please follow the directions to fix these inconsistencies (choose the section applicable to your Operating System)

In Windows, please do the following:
1. Plug the external hard drive into your Windows computer, allow the drive to be discovered. Run Chkdsk by changing focus of mouse to the icon represented by the hard disk right-click->Properties, select the Tools tab, click Check Now radio button. From the popup menu, check the box next to Automatically fix file system errors.

2. Unmount the external disk in Windows using "Safely Remove Hardware" from the task tray near the clock at the lower right corner.

3. Turn on your TonidoPlug , with only power and Ethernet cable attached, and wait for few minutes till blue LED turns green and now connect your USB drive.

In Mac OS X, please do the following:
1) Attach your drive to your Mac, allow it to be discovered.

2) Start Disk Utility, highlight the icon representing your drive and click "Repair" button.

3) After Disk Repair is finished, safely unmount your hard drive from your Mac by either clicking "Unmount" in Disk Utility or dragging the icon representing your drive to the Trash.

4) Turn on your TonidoPlug , with only power and Ethernet cable attached, and wait for few minutes till blue LED turns green and connect your USB drive.

dr.jose
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: FAQ: TonidoPlug is unable to recognize my USB drive

Postby dr.jose » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:38 pm

I have another possible reason. It seems the enclosure I have for my external HDD doesn't always respond as expected when connected. I've had to unplug/replug the USB several times before the disk is properly recognised. I had the same issue (though less frequently) with the same disk connecting to my netbook. FWIW, the enclosure I have is from Acomdata.

pealmasa
Contributor Tonidoid
Contributor Tonidoid

Postby pealmasa » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 pm

My tonidounplugged is dead.
After a power off and on usb disk no longer got recognized.
Tried flashing but nothing, tried chkdsk nothing again.
Now for some reason not even pinging plug. Dead. No blue light on when power on. No flashing lights at all!

Need help please.
Thanks

devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby devbloke » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:20 pm

Please send an email to support@codelathe.com referencing this thread and send in your order number.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”