Please follow the directions to fix these inconsistencies (choose the section applicable to your Operating System)
In Windows, please do the following:
1. Plug the external hard drive into your Windows computer, allow the drive to be discovered. Run Chkdsk by changing focus of mouse to the icon represented by the hard disk right-click->Properties, select the Tools tab, click Check Now radio button. From the popup menu, check the box next to Automatically fix file system errors.
2. Unmount the external disk in Windows using "Safely Remove Hardware" from the task tray near the clock at the lower right corner.
3. Turn on your TonidoPlug , with only power and Ethernet cable attached, and wait for few minutes till blue LED turns green and now connect your USB drive.
In Mac OS X, please do the following:
1) Attach your drive to your Mac, allow it to be discovered.
2) Start Disk Utility, highlight the icon representing your drive and click "Repair" button.
3) After Disk Repair is finished, safely unmount your hard drive from your Mac by either clicking "Unmount" in Disk Utility or dragging the icon representing your drive to the Trash.
4) Turn on your TonidoPlug , with only power and Ethernet cable attached, and wait for few minutes till blue LED turns green and connect your USB drive.