[SOLVED] Unable to access Tonidoplug

Support for your TonidoPlug
gandalf_tr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

[SOLVED] Unable to access Tonidoplug

Postby gandalf_tr » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi,
I was able to access my tonidoplug at http://192.168.1.77:10001/ui/core/index.html#home but it continuously showed DISK FULL error due which i could not access my torrent app. So, i decided to clean the disk from button in TonidoplugAdmin webUI. I unplugged the usb disks then hit the clean disk button. After that i couldn't access the plug and reboot it. It didn't solve the problem and i tried several times. Now my tonidoplug seems booting -power led is lit and second led turns blue after few seconds- but remains constantly blue, unless half second turn into yellow, ethernet lights looks normally blinking. First i thought DHCP problem which i read on forums and created a usb disk to reset it to DHCP client, it didn't work. Then i tried it on a different router with a new network cable but no chance. I cannot reflash the plug cause i don't have a linux computer, i use win7. I don't know how to solve this. Any help appreciated...
Last edited by gandalf_tr on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lastguy
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: Unable to access Tonidoplug

Postby lastguy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 am

gandalf_tr wrote:Hi,
I cannot reflash the plug cause i don't have a linux computer, i use win7. I don't know how to solve this. Any help appreciated...

I feel this is main drawback of such product - no serial console. If you unscrew the four screws you can open the box very easy and see j7 is UART, pin 1~4 seems to be null, tx?, rx?, gnd. I have not tried yet not sure it works or not. But. Marvell chip supports UART:
http://www.plugcomputer.org/data/docs/t ... Rev1.1.pdf

TonidoPlug seems OEM from http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-downloads.aspx who names it power plug, who make Marvell sheeva plug, gruplug, etc. On sheeva it uses microUSB connector +FTDI usb2232 chip, and I'm not sure whether j7 is ttl level - if so then you cannot connect directly to PC serial port as voltage too high.

Note broke the label void the warranty.

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Tuxedo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am

You may also create a Linux VM and do this. Unfortunately to create flashing USB disk, you need ext3 filesystem, which is available only in Linux.

agrajag
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby agrajag » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Tuxedo wrote:You may also create a Linux VM and do this. Unfortunately to create flashing USB disk, you need ext3 filesystem, which is available only in Linux.

Or use a live CD like Knoppix (or Ubuntu Live CD)

gandalf_tr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gandalf_tr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 pm

OK, i'm going to try Ubuntu LiveCD. Thanks guys, i hope it works...

gandalf_tr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gandalf_tr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:16 pm

It worked! I reflash the plug with Ubuntu LiveCD. It was not easy as a windows user like me but i finally figured it out and it works. Thanks so much again both agrajag and Tuxedo. Greetings... :) :D

lastguy
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby lastguy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:01 pm

gandalf_tr wrote:It worked! I reflash the plug with Ubuntu LiveCD. It was not easy as a windows user like me but i finally figured it out and it works. Thanks so much again both agrajag and Tuxedo. Greetings... :) :D

gandalf_tr, it would be appreciated if you can post the details. You use USB CDROM or how the plug can recognize your CD?

gandalf_tr
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby gandalf_tr » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:52 am

lastguy wrote:
gandalf_tr wrote:It worked! I reflash the plug with Ubuntu LiveCD. It was not easy as a windows user like me but i finally figured it out and it works. Thanks so much again both agrajag and Tuxedo. Greetings... :) :D

gandalf_tr, it would be appreciated if you can post the details. You use USB CDROM or how the plug can recognize your CD?

I did not reflash the plug directly from CD cause it's not possible at this time i think ;) . I use Ubuntu LiveCD to boot my regular Windows notebook computer as a Linux computer. So i able to create a USB stick for default ext2 file system and put a zip file on the stick (downloaded from Tonido website) which contains flashing scripts and files for TonidoPlug.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”