Support for your TonidoPlug
lastguy
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Re: Mounting an ISCSI target

Postby lastguy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Tuxedo wrote:# useradd -m -k /etc/skel/ <username>
# passwd <username>[/code]

have you tried it? I cannot login using SSH, i will disconnect immediately.
I used to tried w/o switches, even console cannot login. Yet on std Ubuntu they do work.

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby Tuxedo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Are you saying, the newly created user logs out immediately as you enter the password?

sflinux
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: Steps for USB boot, SSH, and ISCSI (Re:Mounting an ISCSI

Postby sflinux » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 am

Lastguy,
It sounds like your ssh is still broken. If you can't ssh into the tonidoplug, you need to create a bootable usb to edit the files on the drive on the tonidoplug.
Did you do step B? I had to change sshd_config back to stock and do step B to fix ssh. Before reading this post I did useradd and passwd command to create a new user. After following step B to fix my ssh, Now I can login via ssh as root or as non root user, do login command (as root or non root user) within ssh as root, and su within ssh as root.
onedn wrote:B. SSH SECURITY FIX TO ALLOW NON-ROOT USER TO LOGIN FOR KERNEL 2.6.31 AND ABOVE (OPTIONAL)
In kernel 2.6.31, you need to edit the file below to fix the SSH problem to allow other non-root users to ssh into your system (assuming you want to)

Code: Select all

# vi /etc/sysctl.d/10-process-security.conf

and set the line as follows:

vm.mmap_min_addr = 32768

lastguy
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

Postby lastguy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Tuxedo wrote:If you want to create a Linux user on the plug, login as root (via SSH) and run the following commands:

# useradd -m -k /etc/skel/ <username>
# passwd <username>

the one works on standard linux not tonidoplug. have you tried it on tonidoplug?

sflinux
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby sflinux » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:39 pm

lastguy wrote:
Tuxedo wrote:If you want to create a Linux user on the plug, login as root (via SSH) and run the following commands:

# useradd -m -k /etc/skel/ <username>
# passwd <username>

the one works on standard linux not tonidoplug. have you tried it on tonidoplug?

Lastguy, it works fine on tonidoplug (as stated above).

sflinux
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby sflinux » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:14 am

lastguy wrote: At this stage can I still use ext USB to boot it? If USB can boot how I mount internal flash? (may be Ubuntu auto mount it)

I wanted to install nfs, but decided to install it on my external usb boot drive. I rebooted to the image created as stated in this post. But now I can't remember how to mount the internal flash drive (I could have sworn that I did but now can't remember how). Now I suspect that my earlier attempts to reflash may have actually worked. When I boot off the drive, I now have the message asking if I wish to reflash, which I skipped this time. I think I must have reflashed the internal flash, thereby fixing my sshd_config back to stock.
@lastguy: If your ssh is still not acting as expected, I'd reflash to fix.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”