PmWiki Plugin: 1.1.1.39906 for Tonido Plug and Linux

Support for your TonidoPlug
Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Re: PmWiki Plugin: RC2 for Tonido Plug

Postby Snoober » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 pm

I guess I don't know enough about this but when I go to /dyn/pmwiki/ is it bypassing any Tonido security? Also, I haven't really noticed a performance issue when accessing PmWiki externally.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Easy enough to check. Close your browser completely, open the /dyn/pmwiki URL and see if you can access it.
If yes, the permission is not set and that can be changed by a simple manifest.xml file.

If not, you will need to login into your tonido account before attempting to open the wiki and then it will work. So you are secure.

Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby Snoober » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Gotcha. Thank you both for the information. I will update that manifest.xml file since I am able to access the wiki using /dyn/pmwiki/. Is that default behavior after installing an application in Tonido or did I miss something when installing PmWiki or PHP?

Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby Snoober » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 pm

facelessuser wrote:You can always access the Wiki from dyn/pmwiki regardless of being behind Tonido Authentication or not. But if you change the authentication to require Tonido Login, you first must login into Tonido, then it will be accessible via Tonido Embedded UI or dyn/pmwiki.

Currently, the PmWiki plugin does not require Authentication of any kind from Tonido; it has its own authentication. I did this because, currently, you can not access PmWiki directly if you are a guest from the guest home page. So I figured, why make family and friends login into Tonido and then enter a separate url and enter another password. So I just serve it up with only PmWiki Authentication. But note, the Tonido Authentication requirement has nothing to do with if PmWiki can be accessible via dyn/pmwiki, it just affects if you can access pmwiki period.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Sorry for all of these questions...I'm a curious fellow. If there was a security flaw with PmWiki, would that affect the core of Tonido and potentially give the attacker access to my hard drive? I suppose this could be the case with any app or even Tonido itself but I wasn't sure if the apps are sandboxed.

Snoober
Veteran Tonidoid
Veteran Tonidoid

Postby Snoober » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:08 pm

facelessuser wrote:I personally am okay with leaving it only behind PmWiki Authentication. I generally feel I keep a low profile, so I don't think I am a high security target.

I fall into the same bucket but I don't assume anything and I like to be prepared. ;)
Again, thank you for the information.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:54 am

@snoober: No joy using the relay address. Still literal 192.168.x.x links appear on pages.

@facelessuser: I guess I need to wait for your future fix, unless there is a file I can edit in the meantime to access the wiki from outside my network...

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks, looks like it worked. I won't be able to actually check from outside until my next trip to the office next week. I don't understand how my situation is unique though. I'm running my plug 'out of the box' with no special config.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Postby krispy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

After doing more troubleshooting, it seems my plug has problems. I think I need to reflash. I tried using a usb boot build and everything works great! I would keep using this setup, but it is not reliable. If I start the plug from power off, it will boot externally, but any reboot thereafter causes it to boot to the internal system.

krispy
Guru Tonidoid
Guru Tonidoid

Re: PmWiki Plugin: 1.0.1 for Tonido Plug

Postby krispy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 am

I'm not sure if this would be a 'bug' or something not to be concerned about. If I suspend the wiki app via the app menu, it still remains web accessible. Shouldn't this action take it off-line?

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: PmWiki Plugin: 1.0.1 for Tonido Plug

Postby madhan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:39 am

I think you are right, this is a bug. We will fix this.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”