If I had to re-flash my plug, how do I get my old login back

Support for your TonidoPlug
hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Re: If I had to re-flash my plug, how do I get my old login back

Postby hungarianhc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:18 pm

devbloke wrote:This is not any other normal web service. Note that, all your information are stored on your local Tonido instance. The only value we store to maintain uniqueness is your Account ID. With so much concurrency, it is not optimal for us to make changes such as removing IDs.

Yep I understand. However, if a user can give you his old username / password, you should still be able to authenticate... if I remember my old user / pass, can i force that?

devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby devbloke » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:47 pm

No, you won't be able to force that. User ID & Password is not the only information that is used by Tonido for relaying information to your device running Tonido.

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:25 pm

devbloke wrote:No, you won't be able to force that. User ID & Password is not the only information that is used by Tonido for relaying information to your device running Tonido.

Hmm is there a place to request features? I think it's pretty bad data management tactics to have a db full of abandoned usernames that either
a) people want back
or
b) new users might want

webbernet
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby webbernet » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm

hungarianhc wrote:
devbloke wrote:No, you won't be able to force that. User ID & Password is not the only information that is used by Tonido for relaying information to your device running Tonido.

Hmm is there a place to request features? I think it's pretty bad data management tactics to have a db full of abandoned usernames that either
a) people want back
or
b) new users might want

I have to agree with hungarianhc here. I wanted to migrate my old id from my desktop to my new tonidoplug... however I had to create a new account. which was again lost due to a reflash. that last part was my fault for not backing up.

but I strongly believe that users should be able to migrate their existing IDs to the plug.
and it makes perfect sense to increase sales. I would assume existing users of tonido are more likely to purchase a plug.

choosymoms
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby choosymoms » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:00 pm

Unfortunately I'm facing this problem because my TonidoPlug died on me in the middle of the night. If I'd known that the one-and-only golden key to my account info was on the plug itself, i'd sure as heck be backing that up each night. My Account ID is my company name and its a shame that its "unrecoverable". I'd even pay to have CodeLathe pop the row from the database (or whatever). Since this is my svn repository, I've got to run svn relocate on a crapload of machines and servers now. That always makes me nervous :(

Has there been any developments / workarounds discovered since this thread started? I'm still holding hope that my tonidoid isn't really orphaned now due to a fizzled power supply.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 pm

The next release will allow you to recover your profile. But that release is atleast about a week off. If you are willing to wait a week, we can try something.

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:22 pm

NICE!

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”