If I had to re-flash my plug, how do I get my old login back

Support for your TonidoPlug
hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

If I had to re-flash my plug, how do I get my old login back

Postby hungarianhc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Apologies if this is covered some place else. I'm using the Sheevaplug right now. I created a Tonido installation on it a while back, and I decided I wasn't very happy with the install. I blew everything away and started from scratch. I'd like my old Tonido ID back, but there's no option on a fresh install to be an existing user. However, if I try to use my old login, it's taken. HELP! Thanks!

Tuxedo
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Re: If I had to re-flash my plug, how do I get my old login back

Postby Tuxedo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Did you take of your Tonido directory from your Sheeva Plug before reflashing the plug?

Tonido directory is self-contained with all your profile information in it. If you don't have backup of directory then unfortunately you cannot get your old ID.

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 pm

No - the plug was hosed, but I could really care less about any data on that plug. I just want my old username back, but it's stored on the tonidoid service. Can I contact Tonido to have them remove that login from their db so I can re-create it? There must certainly be a way to recover logins... every service has this.

mikestaszel
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Postby mikestaszel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Hmm, might have to take a look at this - it's not supported as of right now. It's a little ugly, but I'll look.

Edit: I guess you can manually force a username to be made. I'll post instructions later/tomorrow.

mikestaszel
Tonido MVP
Tonido MVP

Postby mikestaszel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 am

Here's how you can force a username to be used:

1. SSH in to your TonidoPlug.
2. Make a temporary login using the Tonido web interface. Name it anything you'd like. Set the password you want for your ACTUAL profile though.
3. In the SSH terminal:

Code: Select all

cd /root/app/tonido/approot/profiles
mv temporary-profile-name intended-profile-name
nano intended-profile-name/profile.vr

You'll see the "displayname" set to your old, temporary username. Change it to the new one (the one you intended to have). Save the file with CTRL+X and Y.

Use the above with care, as conflicts will arise when 2 profiles with the same names actually exist at the same time, which will most likely cause connectivity issues.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:06 am

Hmm, this might appear to work, but dynamic DNS and relay would most probably not work. Because the server and the client would not agree on the initial key they exchanged during account creation.

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:49 pm

If I contact support, can I have them delete my username out of their db so I can re-sign up with it? I can't imagine they want stray usernames taking up space in their db...

devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby devbloke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Unfortunately, support won't be able to do that. You will have to create a new account.

hungarianhc
Super Tonidoid
Super Tonidoid

Postby hungarianhc » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 pm

devbloke wrote:Unfortunately, support won't be able to do that. You will have to create a new account.

Wow that's retarded that they don't have a way to retrieve existing account info like usernames / passwords. EVERY place with a login does.

devbloke
Tonido Team
Tonido Team

Postby devbloke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 pm

This is not any other normal web service. Note that, all your information are stored on your local Tonido instance. The only value we store to maintain uniqueness is your Account ID. With so much concurrency, it is not optimal for us to make changes such as removing IDs.

Return to “TonidoPlug Support”