App development in the Tonido community

Questions related to developing on the Tonido Platform
error666
Regular Tonidoid
Regular Tonidoid

App development in the Tonido community

Postby error666 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:37 am

First off, a general Q wondering if any one has successfully created a PHP app that runs within tonido. I have no problems with serving PHP, but css, images and .js just won't serve ...

I've been developing on & off for a few years but have been targeting apache, with the ever dwindling hope that on the next tonido update, php support would be fixed, however general scanning of the forums, and lack of updated developer documentation, indicates that 3rd party app support might be discontinued all together - which is a huge shame as i for one would like to expand the capabilities of my little tonido server.

I read one comment by madhan saying people don't go to the applications page as they are fine with what's installed by default, i think the issue is that there are no apps for people to install, as no one can develop because of lack of documentation.

Please update developer documentation, at the very least, please expand tonidos capabilities by updating Workspace and Thots.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Re: App development in the Tonido community

Postby madhan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:14 pm

That is true, we have had some developers create apps, but none used them and it was very less return on the work needed to keep it up to date, so we are streamling and simplifying things.

Return to “Tonido Platform Development”