Page 1 of 1

Technical Documentation on UI and Zip Virtual File System?

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 pm
by qurban1066
Hi Folks... I'm having trouble locating the formal documentation for ui customization / plug-in development.

Here's what I've picked up so far:

I've located the posts that provide these instructions: download > unzip > edit > zip > replace > restart toniodo for small tweaks to the UI (e.g. replace applogo.png or loginlogo.png in core.zip).

I've downloaded the windows cli zip utility from the forums.

I've read that a specific separator is required in path names hence the need for the specific zip utility.

I've read that after replacing the .zip file with the ui components, you need to restart the tonido software.

I have reviewed the Tonido Developers Guide.pdf for any relevant information.

Based on this, I've:

1. SSHed into my TonidoPlug2.
2. Downloaded core.zip.
3. Extracted the files within it.
4. Replaced applogo.png and loginlogo.png with new but identically sized PNG files.
5. Rezipped the files with "zip -r core *" from within the core directory.
6. SSHed back into my TonidoPlug2.
7. Backuped my original core.zip with "mv core.zip core.zip.backup"
8. Uploaded the new core.zip.
9. Opened the TonidoPlug2 Web Admin interface. Clicked the "Restart the Software."

This gives me error 404 when logging into the normal user interface.

Clearly, there's something about the zip VFS that I'm not getting. Can someone point me to more information about the requirements of the zip file?

Thanks!

Re: Technical Documentation on UI and Zip Virtual File Syste

Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:00 pm
by madhan
Have you opened the core.zip you created in a zip editor and ensured that the zip layout is the same as the original?

Re: Technical Documentation on UI and Zip Virtual File Syste

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:26 pm
by qurban1066
Hi Folks,

Got it sorted. User error. Thanks for the question about validating the contents of the zip file, that tipped me off to the problem.

Running:

unzip -l core.zip

inside my ssh session to the TP2 on the new core.zip file kicked up an error about a corrupted zip file.

I discovered that the new core.zip file was getting borked by our development server after I built it on my local machine but before it got uploaded to the TP2. Once I resolved that issue, no problems.

So, all better now. The protocol I quoted above works as expected.

Thanks for prod in the right direction.