Questions on customization.

Questions related to developing on the Tonido Platform
simwatts
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Questions on customization.

Postby simwatts » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:35 pm

I really enjoy this product. I would really like to clarify what I can and cant do with this software. I would like to make a custom package, that users can download, but I wish to customize aspects. I would like to modify the index page and just use your explorer rather than the app explorer, but with certain different functionality. Is there an easy way I can do this. Does it output via json.

simwatts
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Re: Questions on customization.

Postby simwatts » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Sorry if its not clear, but I wish to create an app that has functionality similar to the explorer on the index page rather than the explorer plugin. Also in PHP, it does not like any rewrite of URLs. Is there a solution to this.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 am

In general you can extend Tonido one of two ways. Via PHP plugins (or apps) or via C++ plugins (or apps). Both offer the ability to write your custom functionality including file explorer etc.

Of course being a plugin, there are some framework mechanics you still are bound by, so I am not sure what URL rewriting is not working. We would need more information.

simwatts
Rookie Tonidoid
Rookie Tonidoid

Postby simwatts » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for reply. I would like to use the main explorer, and not the plugin for one of my projects. I am not well up on C plus plus. Is there an easy way of duplicating the functionality of the main explorer page. But as a plugin maybe, so I could change the css etc.

I dont know if a config problem but the url rewrite does not seem to work as it cant resolve being in the dyn directory. Maybe that can be changed in the php ini file.

madhan
Admin Tonidoid
Admin Tonidoid

Postby madhan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Is there an easy way of duplicating the functionality of the main explorer page.

No, not unless you duplicate the functionality in your plugin. We don't offer ways of extending the explorer UI with other UI currently.

Return to “Tonido Platform Development”